Bait shop?

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone know the name or number to the bait shop on 98? Or where another bait shop is near north Raleigh? All the places I usually get minnows are either out or don't have the small minnows. Any help is greatly appreciated.

JWH15

Six Pointer
Anyone know the name or number to the bait shop on 98? Or where another bait shop is near north Raleigh? All the places I usually get minnows are either out or don't have the small minnows. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Outhouse tackle just south of bartons creek ramp on falls, it's on six forks right after the bayleaf fire dept. May not be as close as you were looking for but it's only about 3-4 miles from 98

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
I usually go to either sandy plains mini mart or jacks in butner. Sandy plains just hasn't had any at all and jacks doesn't have any small minnows. I tried calling one stop sports shop but it says the number is disconnected.

Jaybird

Twelve Pointer
May be One Stop Sports Shop.

That's the one near 98 and 50.

DS - Did you check with the place near I-85 and Hwy 15? There is also a little store on Cheek Rd. that used to sell minnows, but they closed and re-opened a couple of times since I've been in. Not sure if they still have bait or not. Might be worth checking.

Jaybird

Twelve Pointer
I usually go to either sandy plains mini mart or jacks in butner. Sandy plains just hasn't had any at all and jacks doesn't have any small minnows. I tried calling one stop sports shop but it says the number is disconnected.

I think their new number is 919-809-8849.

Last edited:

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
That's the one near 98 and 50.

DS - Did you check with the place near I-85 and Hwy 15? There is also a little store on Cheek Rd. that used to sell minnows, but they closed and re-opened a couple of times since I've been in. Not sure if they still have bait or not. Might be worth checking.

I tried calling the one on 15 before 85 and number has been disconnected. Just talk to the guy at outhouse tackle and he only had medium minnows. Which is better than nothing. Hope he has some when I'm able to go by. He is supposed to be getting a load dropped off tomorrow so hopefully they will be there when I go get there unless I find one closer.

m4ncsu

Ten Pointer
Outhouse tackle just south of bartons creek ramp on falls, it's on six forks right after the bayleaf fire dept. May not be as close as you were looking for but it's only about 3-4 miles from 98

Either that place, or if you go past Barton Ramp Entrance and go to the next intersection, make a left at that stop sign and the next gas station on the left is always where I get my minnows.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Also Paul's grocer near Poole Rd I used to go to Bayleaf before it became Outhouse. The old man turned me on to a local lake for the kids but they haven't stocked it or filled the feeders in a few years. I used to fill up on minnows and go there on my day off. I would hook a nice Cat and hand it off to one of the kids hanging around there. It was a blast to see their faces when they would land a 5-6 pound cat. Really wish they would start feeding the cats again there. Maybe it is too easy but it was all but guaranteed success for the youngsters.