Bag limits for bullheads?

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Establish a general statewide regulation for Black Bullhead, Brown Bullhead, Flat Bullhead, Snail Bullhead, White Catfish, and Yellow Bullhead by implementing a 10-fish daily creel limit in combination. There is no minimum size limit or closed season.

NCWRC proposal

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Populations down in many river systems, especially where flatheads have been introduced.

silvertip

Six Pointer
There is no reason to have a creel limit in the Yadkin above 421 there is none to catch, and I dont buy the flatheads eating them all when they are still in the feeder creeks and rivers.

silvertip

Six Pointer
I can't tell you for sure but when you go from having fish in the fall to none the next spring something had to happen I am sure the flathead eat some but they couldn't of eat every little yellowcat in the river from Roaring River to Huntsville you cannot catch one in the main river but you go up any feeder waterway and you can still catch them makes me think something happened no one wants to talk about.
Has this happened in other rivers?

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There is no reason to have a creel limit in the Yadkin above 421 there is none to catch, and I dont buy the flatheads eating them all when they are still in the feeder creeks and rivers.
Nope, as Badin is absolutely full of whites and it is also full of flatheads and big blues. If they were the reason of their demise there shouldn't be a one of the aggravating things in there.