• Just a heads up for those of you who use Tapatalk to access NCH&F. I will be removing support for that app effective immediately. The reasons are many, but the primary one is that it allows spammers to post here without first being authorized to do so. This, coupled with their increasingly aggressive and invasive ads and pop ups, has caused us to remove them from the site entirely.

Backyard Feeder

FishHunt

Twelve Pointer
I run a feeder in my backyard (50 yards from the house) about 90% of the time. Deer (and every other corn eating critter here) come and go regularly from the feeder. I decided to put a camera on the feeder after seeing a fresh rub and scrape along the edge of my yard while mulching leaves. I wasn't disappointed when I pulled the card today as I believe I caught the vandal on camera.

<>< Fish

1606150296075.png

FishHunt

Twelve Pointer
Backyard Bucky changed his haunts to a little further deeper in the farm. He's fence jumping about 75 yards behind my mother's house. Glad to see that he made it through the season. The camera caught a different buck mid jump also. So far I have one single buck that has dropped one side of his rack.

<>< Fish

HUNT0026.JPG

HUNT0039.JPG

FishHunt

Twelve Pointer
I put a better camera set to 15 second videos on the upper fence crossing and checked the lower crossing. At the lower spot the local critters ate a 25lb deer block in a week. Foxes, deer, raccoons and ravens had a feast. Hopefully I'll have some fence jumping videos soon.

<>< Fish