Back in NC...

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm back in NC, temporarily. I finally got a little time off to come home for a bit. I am glad to be out of Laredo for a few weeks. Coming home to my 10 month old little girl who I hadn't seen since Valentine's Day was a shock!!! She walks and talks now!!! Unfortunately, this will be a short visit as I have to return to Laredo in July.

So, what's the latest and greatest in the NCH&F world? LOL!!!

wshields

Nothing that's more important important than that little girl! Treasure your time with her. That's got to be tough being away.

Last edited:

wshields

^^ yes but you also did miss a beautiful show of love and God's blessings with the Windrunner/Heath auctions and donations.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just perused that thread. I am not the least bit surprised. Opinionated farts y'all may be... but you're a bunch of kindhearted and selfless farts...

Deerjager

No kidding!!! I wish I could take her and her mama with me, but it just isn't safe.

That is such a shame that an American city is too dangerous for families due to drug cartel violence. I hate that for you.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That is such a shame that an American city is too dangerous for families due to drug cartel violence. I hate that for you.

It sucks! Violence is a way of life there. As I posted in the MB thread, open carry of shotguns is common. gunshots ring out at all times of the day and night. And that is a calm day. People being shot, stabbed and beaten in the drug wars is so commonplace, that it is no longer newsworthy. I cannot wait to be gone from there.

Of course my next job isn't much better, as soon as I finish Laredo, it's onto Miami.

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
Good to hear you've had a chance to get back up here William. Hopefully you'll be gone from there soon. Miami isn't horrible, just not ideal. I did a 6 month stint down there, did a LOT of fishing and scuba diving.