Back at it tomorrow

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
this place is fun - have taken 9 out of there this spring and went in yesterday to reset (I trap a bit, then have to pull for travel - plus it gives it a dang rest) - still some in there, so have three days before next trip to see what comes of it

biggest so far was that big ol' female at 52.22 lbs (reminds me, I need a new scale)

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So the bigger one here weighed 55.5 lbs - biggest so far - had to tote the dang thing 500 yards back to truck

AF11EB0C-6A5F-4739-B5DF-8A1904BB7288.jpeg

@Rescue44 - yes, the meat is dark like beef, venison, porcupine, etc and very good eats

@odie408 - yes, hopefully I run out as this is an eradication effort on a large system - some serious efforts

these were #11 and 12

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
dang,,, I need to do more training,,,,

parked at the end of a large dam (manmade) and stepped out of truck,,, seen ripples and assumed it was dang turtles like most days,,, walked 30 feet or so from truck down dam and up popped a young beaver at about 15 yards,,, before I could draw he done did a surface dive and was gone,,

need to work on my reaction times!!

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
figures you two old farts wouldn't know a dang thing on cooking turtles,,, ya don't pickle them,,,

sheesh,,, must be that soft southern upbringing,,, didn't have to deal with real winters and such,,,
We do not pickle fish down here either, just saying......