Baby fawn shows up

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Wife and I was sitting out in back yard this afternoon and looked out toward the garage and this small fawn walks by side of building, goes into flower bed and lays down...been there about 4 hours now. Looks to have just been born, can't be over foot high, can hardly walk. Put up a camera try to catch mama if she comes around. Mother Nature at work always.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Does here at the house haven't dropped yet. 5 big nannies in the field yesterday morning. All look like they are about to pop. Last year they all dropped between June 2nd-10th.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Reminds me of the coon in the yard thread in the daytime, most will be terrified and choot it. SMH

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
He stayed in flower bed for approx. 20 hrs....he left around mid morning...never saw mama , she did not show up on camera. Called Wildlife Comm. and and they told me they probably would leave and if they get in distress they would begin to cry out. Guess he must be alright, maby mama came looking. Do not touch or bother them, against the law, not suppose to move them. You try to feed, handle them you getting into a problem you do not want...get attached to them and will be a long drawn out ordeal raising them, plus, it is illegal. Glad he is gone.

PSell

Four Pointer
Walking my new property today, and jumped a fawn...good sign for a healthy population.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
We’ve had fawns here at the house for a while, my dog went after one the last day of turkey season, then momma doe went after him. The wife told me she almost stomped him and chased him right up onto the patio. Had another one out there this morning carrying on with a few does and one little buck. Was tearing around the garden fence in circles.

We caught these, and many more, this week. I think we have several babies running around....literally running in circles around momma as she's feeding. Sooo funny to see.

Attachments

• IMAG0883.JPG
    IMAG0883.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0939.JPG
    IMAG0939.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAG0940.JPG
    IMAG0940.JPG
    384.8 KB · Views: 62