Austin and Andy with 3 wins in the first 5 races.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
I’m still aggravated about that. I haven’t been to a race in probably 20 years. Last race I went to was at Martinsville when the Hendrick Plane or Helo crash happened. To have the driver I pull for that close to winning and making the Final 4 is heart braking. Still wondering about that brake check from Creed to Hill out of turn 4 was about. Extremely hard racing, no question about it. I hate stage points also, that’s been Hills weakness most of the year. They get to the front of the pack by the end of the race, but they need to work on their qualifying.

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
That was sickening to watch. We were sitting right about where it happened, just a little closer to the start/finish line. Austin had the win, had that big pile up to red flag the race not have happened, I don’t think they could have caught him. I know Sheldon was racing for a spot in the final 4, but dang he roughed up Austin. Slammed him in the rear bumper and pushed him up the track. When Sheldon finally got around Austin, it’s like he brake checked him, which gave Justin the run he needed. Wonder what that brake check was all about??? Maybe spun the tires??? Just seemed really weird.
Hill blocked into 1, Sheldon moved him up the track... 100% fair
Into 3 Hill door slammed Sheldon.. looked to me like Sheldon overdrove the entry to beat Hill, had to slam on brakes to not miss the corner entirely and Hill was there. If Hill doesn't door slam the 2 getting into the corner they race it out IMO. Not saying its either of thems fault, just a racing deal.
Completely unprofessional by RCR after the race between Petree and and Richard saying Sheldon is the stupidest driver whos ever driven for him. Air your dirty laundry behind closed doors. They lost a fan in me. I try to like Austin but the constant victim complex is old.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
I think there has been bad blood between Austin and Sheldon for awhile. Sheldon spun Austin out at, I believe it was Bristol, and that didn’t help.

I’ll also say this, my family went to the RCR fan day, and Austin Hill and Daniel Hemric were as nice as could be to us. I spoke to Sheldon and he flat out ignored us. That’s another reason I believe there is bad blood, Sheldon didn’t act like he wanted to be there at all, though that could be because he’s leaving. I still believe you should be respectful to fans when they come to an event.

I also heard through the grapevine, not by Andy though, that they are priming Hill to take over for Dillon in a few years. Maybe Sheldon has got his feelings hurt or something. He dead nuts turned him at Bristol. Between that and that parking him in the middle of 3 and 4, leads me to believe that Sheldon is not happy at all.

He’ll do better at JGR, no question, JGR has the best stuff on the race track. Sheldon’s a good race car driver, but there is friction at RCR.

Last edited:

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I would rather have 2 wet paper sacks full of cat :poop: in my living room than Sheldon Creed. I've thought for a long time he was a low down, self-centered, piece of :poop:. Sure, he wins some races.
My guess ? He won't do well at JGR.
I don't think he'll be able to get along with Joe.
He took both RCR cars outta the chase out of spite.

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
I think there has been bad blood between Austin and Sheldon for awhile. Sheldon spun Austin out at, I believe it was Bristol, and that didn’t help.

I’ll also say this, my family went to the RCR fan day, and Austin Hill and Daniel Hemric were as nice as could be to us. I spoke to Sheldon and he flat out ignored us. That’s another reason I believe there is bad blood, Sheldon didn’t act like he wanted to be there at all, though that could be because he’s leaving. I still believe you should be respectful to fans when they come to an event.

I also heard through the grapevine, not by Andy though, that they are priming Hill to take over for Dillon in a few years. Maybe Sheldon has got his feelings hurt or something. He dead nuts turned him at Bristol. Between that and that parking him in the middle of 3 and 4, leads me to believe that Sheldon is not happy at all.

He’ll do better at JGR, no question, JGR has the best stuff on the race track. Sheldon’s a good race car driver, but there is friction at RCR.
Bad blood or not a professional in any sense doesn’t tell a reporter “such and such is the stupidest person who’s ever driven for me”

Andy Petree says Sheldon’s bumper bar was damaged and that’s why his car didn’t turn in turn 3

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
I don’t know much about roundly round cars, but I don’t know why a bumper bar would cause a car to be though to turn. When I think of a bumper bar, I think if it as a support, or bar on the back of the car that allows the rear end to be hit without jacking it up, like something they would talk about in Super Speedway stuff. I’d be interested to know how that works.

cwcook68

Eight Pointer
I don’t know much about roundly round cars, but I don’t know why a bumper bar would cause a car to be though to turn. When I think of a bumper bar, I think if it as a support, or bar on the back of the car that allows the rear end to be hit without jacking it up, like something they would talk about in Super Speedway stuff. I’d be interested to know how that works.
It sounds like a crock of :donk:donk:donk:donk to me, those cars are built so the bumper bars won’t interfere with the steering even if they’re bent in. Plus he didn’t hit hard enough to even bend the bumper anyway.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
It sounds like a crock of :donk:donk:donk:donk to me, those cars are built so the bumper bars won’t interfere with the steering even if they’re bent in. Plus he didn’t hit hard enough to even bend the bumper anyway.
Agreed, I don’t see it either.