Aurora in North Carolina last night

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
I have seen the norther lights in Montana while elk hunting years ago and once in Forsyth co. NC as a child in the 50s. With all the light pollution now I don't think they would be visible now days in Forsyth co.

Last edited:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Saw them three times in the 2.5 years I lived in MN. Twin were forecasted I remember. One was opening day of bow season, predawn, while heading to the stand. One I drove up out of town a little ways and caught, and then one night I had gotten up with the dog to let her out, looked up and there were blueish columns of lights with green haze here and there, slowly dancing across the northern sky.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
There for a minute, I thought CRC had ventured to Aurora for a night out at a fossil party.

Seen the Northern Lights from here in Nash County before. The reddish wave lengths of light are the most visible this far south. Still a very rare occurrence though. Actually, looked like the whole place was on fire, with a glow in the sky.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Used to see them as a kid in upstate NY, always wanted to go to Alaska or somewhere way up north and see them. I wonder if what that fella seen is the same one I seen another video of from Alaska. Real intense showing.