Aug. 20........ mark it on your calendar

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Raleigh is going to hold a gun buy-back that day, mirroring Durham's event last weekend. I sure wish I could go walk that waiting line and see what goodies are going to be available. The buy back should be paying $100 for "long guns", $150 for pistols and $250 for assault rifles. According to an article in the N&O there was a line of cars 3 blocks long and some folks waited in line for over 2 hrs. to turn in a gun. Sounded like a lot of "old stuff" that was inherited. One guy turned in his double barreled shotgun for $100. I would not be surprised at the treasures that will be in those cars.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I wonder what they would say if I walked that line and offered more money?? I don't think there is a law that would/could stop me. what say the experts?

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Nothing against a private citizen with a PCP buying for a willing seller. And the tresures could be saved by getting them before they get to the head of the line.

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
Citizens that participate in these wouldn’t likely sale to you walking the line. Even for more money.
In their minds they are saving the world by getting them out of there closets!

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Folks that are selling here likely don't know what they have and had rather sell it to the popo so it won't end up in "bad people" hands.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Would be fun to watch all the little wimps have to use muzzleloaders...🤣
Just tell them the more powder the better....😁

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Citizens that participate in these wouldn’t likely sale to you walking the line. Even for more money.
In their minds they are saving the world by getting them out of there closets!
They might as well be coming out of the closet for being such little beeyaches

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I may have to take that old piece of junk off the wall at the cabin and take it down on the 20th. I believe it would shoot but I'm not going to pull the trigger but if they are going to give me $100 I just may take them up on it. Then go to the Farmers Market and eat me some oysters and shrimp..

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Any quality firearm would bring more at the gun shop and they could take it to one any time! The people that attend are brained washed that this is the best method placing them in the hands of the city LEO to destroy!
It's all good. When they shut down the power, and all those soft snowflakes start bugging, it will be easier to handle them if they are unarmed. Let them be stupid.