ATF form 5 tax exempt Transfer?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone done or used a ATF form 5?

For individuals that used or did not use a Trust have you filled out the form 5 ahead of time?

Think I will be using that method being I did individual for form 4. Want to have all my ducks in a row making it as easy as I can. My understanding is they can be pre filled out ready to go kept with a copy of will and tax stamps. The will can be done related to only form 4 items to make it easy as a sub form to a full will.

Any feedback?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, form 5 will transfer form 4 firearms to rightful heir for free. However, ATF is requiring death certificate, executor of the estate document, document declairing that the probate is open as well as a copy of the will.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, form 5 will transfer form 4 firearms to rightful heir for free. However, ATF is requiring death certificate, executor of the estate document, document declairing that the probate is open as well as a copy of the will.
Thats easy enough.

Just trying to get ducks in a row.

More that likely they will just go to my dealer to sell. I think that can be a form 3 and only takes a few weeks.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
That info was straight from my FFL guy's mouth.
He was over here showing me some neat things for sale.
Really neat.
He's really good on the paperwork stuff.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
That info was straight from my FFL guy's mouth.
He was over here showing me some neat things for sale.
Really neat.
He's really good on the paperwork stuff.
Thank you sir.

If you will ask how consignment or second hand sale if form 5 IS NOT DONE and end user just wants to sell off.
Do they form 3 them? Or can hold for someone doing form 4.

Thanks again.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
He had to get some supper. His wife texted and said it was ready, and he's been out of town the past 2 weeks.
We were talking and I think he said item holds and the next buyer just tax stamps it.(whatever form that is).
Don't hold me to it..... I was looking at a brand new, in the box, lightweight, Ohio Ordnance BAR with a 30 round detachable 30-06 mag in my lap. :eek:
And a few other items.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I've had one of those things sitting here for a few years trying to figure out what it is they want. All my stuff is too simple to worry with wills, executors, probate and such. I'll figure out something before the time comes.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I love the old BAR's. I wish I could afford a real one.
By buddy stopped by to show me that lightweight, go fast one, an FN-AR 308, an FN Police MK-1, and a CZ 750, S1M1.
Some completely badazz stuff.
I can't afford the FA stuff so, I try not to even look anymore.