ATA releases

rageslinger

Four Pointer
Pretty excited to get my hands on the new Rage Hypodermic NC. Hypodermic is probably one of the most popular rage heads and now going to a no collar design. WIN WIN if they work. Anyone else see anything they are excited about?

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Saw some arrows that were $300 per dozen.
Saw some bow sights over $600.
Saw a loc on stand and 4 sticks that were $800.
Dont shoot flagship bows
Honestly, nothing from this years show excited me.....
They've about priced me out of anything they have to offer.
I'll keep using the same stuff Ive slayed them with for the past 20 years.

Rc187

Six Pointer
Saw some arrows that were $300 per dozen.
Saw some bow sights over $600.
Saw a loc on stand and 4 sticks that were $800.
Dont shoot flagship bows
Honestly, nothing from this years show excited me.....
They've about priced me out of anything they have to offer.
I'll keep using the same stuff Ive slayed them with for the past 20 years.
I feel the same... I have always worked hard and spared no expense when it came to my hobbies. I have spent what a lot would consider crazy amounts for mountain bikes, bows, guns hell just about everything but these bows are beginning to become crazy. I used to buy a new bow every year sometimes 2 but at 1500+ for a bare bow now after you set it up with top end gear and get a dozen arrows you can be near 3000.... thats a little much. But its all in what you like and can justify.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
I didnt go but saw that Lone Wolf Custom Gear is coming out a 'D'Aquiesto' model tree stand. It looks like it might be the best tree stand that has ever been created for run and gun hunting (only half kidding). I figured its going to be costly but I am hoping it was not the 800$ stand ol copper is referencing. I still might buy it, even if it is.......At least I would be comfortable walking miles while I get skunked.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
I didnt go but saw that Lone Wolf Custom Gear is coming out a 'D'Aquiesto' model tree stand.....I figured its going to be costly but I am hoping it was not the 800$ stand ol copper is referencing.

Aye....that's the one.
1 stand and 4 sticks = $800

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Aye....that's the one.
1 stand and 4 sticks = $800

dang.....I know I say I will pay 800 but man.....I might not be that strong when its time to fork over the cash.

But the stand literally is the best stand I have ever seen. it solves every problem I had with packing in stands and all the gear that goes along with it......but 800 is steep for any stand IMO. I figured it would be 550-600. guess I was wrong...lol.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Is it really 2x as good as the assault II, sticks and stick caddy?

I ask because.....it’s damn near 2x the cost.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Is it really 2x as good as the assault II, sticks and stick caddy?

I ask because.....it’s damn near 2x the cost.

I answer with a definite......." Probably" ...but I guess even that is subjective. The features 3 features that I think sets it apart...but there are others I am not mentioning.
1- its 7.5 pounds and doesnt look like a mini stand like some others in that weight range.
2- The seat folds and locks into a shelf, allowing me to easily hook my backpack or other belongings that I usually need to bungy strap in some way. I think they even sell a special clasp so you can lock it on quickly.
3- The fact that the sticks lock into the stand with no additional strapping. I know - but it just saves time and hassle when you do it dozens of times a season. Since they lock in, it also creates a flat profile so it is closer to your back. This makes it feel lighter and also allows your pack to fit on there snugly.

So overall, I guess I would be paying for convenience, none of these features would make me any better of a hunter unless you count the fact that I might be be able to hike longer with a lighter pack..... I am realllllllly trying to talk myself into this one.......... ;)

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I don’t know anyone who climbs (climber) more than I do.

I’m going to buy a stand/sticks combo, but I won’t even think about spending $800 on this custom setup. If the sticks were somewhat affordable......I might get those.

I climbed almost 180x, 2 years in a row (sit & climb with the flip seat option). My furthest trek is 0.7 mi. The diff between 15 and 20#s isn’t that great (I don’t carry a pack. Everything I need is in my saddle bag or my pockets) — to ME.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Wasn't Dan Infalt from the hunting beast coming out with some sticks that would be good for packing in?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer

I’m going to buy a stand/sticks combo, but I won’t even think about spending $800 on this custom setup. If the sticks were somewhat affordable......I might get those.

I climbed almost 180x, 2 years in a row (sit & climb with the flip seat option). My furthest trek is 0.7 mi. The diff between 15 and 20#s isn’t that great (I don’t carry a pack. Everything I need is in my saddle bag or my pockets) — to ME.

you make some good points and when the rubber hits the road I might rather spend my money on other things....... but I do tend to hike more than a mile on most hunts..its not that I am going so deep, its mostly because I hunt alot of new areas and am scouting while I hunt so there are some days I do a hell of alot more hiking than hunting. anyway, thanks for sharing the info on the stand, it definitely gives me something to think about at that price, regardless of the features.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns

I have used a climber almost exclusively over the last 4-5 years. I have been looking for any thing that was lighter and less bulky than climbers. I was going to go the stick/stand route, but instead I bought a tree saddle. Been testing this thing out over the last couple weeks and I really like it. I am tinkering with a one stick climbing method. I'm not very good at it right now, but the more I practice, the quicker and easier it gets. If I get the one stick method down pat, my entire saddle/climbing/platform system will weigh around 9 lbs, and the saddle packs down to the size of a half gallon jug and fits inside my pack. This is crucial to me. It's a real PIA to quarter up a deer and try to pack it and a climber out.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have used a climber almost exclusively over the last 4-5 years. I have been looking for any thing that was lighter and less bulky than climbers. I was going to go the stick/stand route, but instead I bought a tree saddle. Been testing this thing out over the last couple weeks and I really like it. I am tinkering with a one stick climbing method. I'm not very good at it right now, but the more I practice, the quicker and easier it gets. If I get the one stick method down pat, my entire saddle/climbing/platform system will weigh around 9 lbs, and the saddle packs down to the size of a half gallon jug and fits inside my pack. This is crucial to me. It's a real PIA to quarter up a deer and try to pack it and a climber out.

I can see how it would be (a pain).

Thing is, if I shoot the right deer, I don’t mind making multiple trips. ?

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer

I have been hearing alot about saddles......in fact, LWCG also made a D'Aquisto model platform for saddle hunting when the released the other new stand. I might check it out one day, definitely seem like there are some benefits.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I have been hearing alot about saddles......in fact, LWCG also made a D'Aquisto model platform for saddle hunting when the released the other new stand. I might check it out one day, definitely seem like there are some benefits.
I had one of the original Tree Saddles that came out in the late 90s. I bought it second hand about 10 years ago. It sucked and I gave up saddle hunting. But, with all the new innovations, things are way better. I have the AeroHunter Kestrel. I have tested it out here in the yard and with some adjustments, this thing is super comfortable. I will be spending the next few months dialing my system in. I'm really hoping I can get the one stick climbing method down pat. Right now, I can get 20ft up with one stick, but it takes a lot of effort. The whole saddle hunting thing will be a game changer for me.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
I had one of the original Tree Saddles that came out in the late 90s. I bought it second hand about 10 years ago. It sucked and I gave up saddle hunting. But, with all the new innovations, things are way better. I have the AeroHunter Kestrel. I have tested it out here in the yard and with some adjustments, this thing is super comfortable. I will be spending the next few months dialing my system in. I'm really hoping I can get the one stick climbing method down pat. Right now, I can get 20ft up with one stick, but it takes a lot of effort. The whole saddle hunting thing will be a game changer for me.

Moving to Haywood, I'm investing in a saddle this year for when I don't want to be hunting on the ground up at 4-5000 feet for the exact reason you went that route - packing in/out with a deer. Good to know it's comfortable as the Kestrel was one I was looking into. About the Lone Wolf Gear, I really like the stand and sticks but I can't justify that price right now. I'll probably keep my Assault and switch from Lone Wolf sticks to Dan's (next time they are in stock and I have some extra money laying around).