ASU playing for Conference championship

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Good day indeed !

I wasn't there, but watched the first part of the game until I gave way to sleep. (Third shift)

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
by far the best team in NC this year.....and better than all but one in SC.....hehe.......tigers lookin pretty good too

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Shame they lost that one game to ga south all other teams had loss surely they'd been highest ranked

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
Please stop! WTF is a Neer? We are the Mountaineers or if that is to hard say App.
Well I guess the same way you shortened Appalachian to App, people have started shortening mountaineers to neers, hurricanes to canes etc, it's all in fun.... sure didn't expect my post to garner that response lol. I am proud of my Appalachian State University Mountaineers nonetheless.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well I guess the same way you shortened Appalachian to App, people have started shortening mountaineers to neers, hurricanes to canes etc, it's all in fun.... sure didn't expect my post to garner that response lol. I am proud of my Appalachian State University Mountaineers nonetheless.
I despise that name, sorry, as do most alum over 30 best I can tell. App is what the university has asked to be used...beers is just dumb.. others mileage may vary

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Funny y'all brought this up I was just at a house Fri where one had graduated from there and kid now going there and it was go neers chants several times they are big football fans I didn't get it 1st time never had heard it before

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
My daughter is a Jr at App St and says it’s quite common for them to be referred to as the “neers” on campus and at sports functions all over the campus...

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Who’s Shawn Clark?

He is family.. been the O-line coach for the last 4 or 5 years, was all American in 95, was the OC during last years bowl game and Assistant Head coach last year, and he is our new HC and the players, fans etc. are excited to have him... there was a bunch of people who wanted him to get the job last year..

All that being said.. the is the guy in the middle..

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
He is family.. been the O-line coach for the last 4 or 5 years, was all American in 95, was the OC during last years bowl game and Assistant Head coach last year, and he is our new HC and the players, fans etc. are excited to have him... there was a bunch of people who wanted him to get the job last year..

All that being said.. the is the guy in the middle..

Great answer.

Happy for y’all.