Asking for recommendations

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Combo thread.
I need a rear tine tiller. I want to know what you guys have and trust. I’m looking at new.

A good leather belt. I wear it every day. I need it stout enough to hold up to a CC, and a fat man who needs to cinch it down right. Hanks belt has come up a few times, but I want to make sure I’m paying for workmanship and not name. I’d like to keep it under $100. These $30 Walmart dickie belts aren’t getting it done

“J”

Twelve Pointer
https://www.i-fairwin.com/products/...oles-and-invisible-belt-tail-web-belt-for-men

I have two of these, been using them for about 6 months. I daily carry and they work great. Haven’t had any issues at all with them. You can get them from Amazon for less then $15 and their reviews are good with 9k of them In total.
I like the no holes and micro adjustable is way better then having to poke holes in between holes for a comfortable fit.

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
I have a black DeSantis gun belt and a brown Midway gun belt. They're both well made and inexpensive. I wear one or the other every day, the DeSantis probably twice as often as the Midway
The DeSantis I've had for 5-6 years now, and the Midway one for a little over a year. Desantis is a little stiffer, but it has held up really well for everyday wear. Both have worked great for OWB and IWB on the weekends and while hunting. During the week I pocket carry.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have one of these in Brown. I've worn it for 3 years now. It's a good belt. Note this doesn't fit well in dress pant belt loops, but does fine in jeans & workpants.

I lost some weight and bought this one. I wouldn't recommend it. It has more stretch in it and doesn't cinch up as good as the Hanks I used to fit into. I ended up putting another couple holes in the hanks and cut the end off so that I can keep wearing it.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Combo thread.
I need a rear tine tiller. I want to know what you guys have and trust. I’m looking at new.
I got a BCS because it has a PTO and modular capability - in case you want to get a wood chipper, or brush cutter to mount on it.

Expensive. But that tiller will mangle a 3/4" steel bar with the HP it produces. Sad that I found out, but that's that.

Going Coastal

Eight Pointer
I've bought several belts from leather smiths/crafters that make holster as well. Usually they were set up at gun shows. I normally get 10 years or better out of them.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Most of my belts are pretty boy belts for work or standard old web belts for outdoors. But my wife bought me one of these for Christmas and it’s pretty cool. Connects easily, adjusts infinitely, and is pretty stout.

(I didn’t know they made all that other stuff)

ETA - I didn’t know it was tacticool either!

Last edited:

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
No help whatsoever on the belt.

I use a king cutter brand tiller and I couldn’t be happier with it. Some of my land I till is like pretty much tilling a dry river bed with all the river rock in it. I’ve abused the he!! Of it and it keeps going.

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Carhart belt I use is a solid peace of leather not bad for the price. The more you can spend on a tiller the better you will be. Main thing is to not use ethanol gas

timber

Twelve Pointer
Troybuilt has been good for me. Got one that’s probably a 80s something model. Still gets it done. Did buy one of those cheap motors from harbor freight on sale a few years ago and bolted it on with no problem. Probably could have fixed the old motor that was on it but for the price and the age on the old one just did the swap. Like someone mentioned the BCS are about good as you will find and can get attachments for it. But unless you going to do some serious tilling they are pricey

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good luck on finding a well built new tiller now. Look closely at what you may be buying. Looked at a couple of Troy Built this week that I do not believe were made by them. Just like the "name brand" mowers etc sold at big box stores that are actually MTD built with color and decals misleading you to think they are something else.

RBR

Six Pointer
I like the Galco belt, I have had the tan leather one for three years now and wear it daily I think was around 80 bucks. I am a fan of their leather holsters too.