Asheville Nov 5-9th trip

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Try booking any room there during October, for October, and get back to us 😂

October is likely the #1 busiest tourist month for western NC and Asheville
The man asked for suggestions and I gave him one. I've booked there this year. They have cancellations like everyone else. Nothing wrong with trying.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
I‘ve stayed at the Crowne Plaza a couple times for work. Don’t they have some cabins on that property as well?? Also stayed at the Doubletree a few times (easy access to I-40).
Not sure about cabins, maybe?
I remember a mountain bike course and zip lines on the property.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Our son is in Cullowhee and my wife says any trips west are going to be Cullowhee, Sylva, or Waynesville area. Mom has to see her boy. I prefer those areas over Asheville anyway.

Cornbread

Six Pointer
If you plan on staying at the KOA in swannanoa you better hurry, campgrounds here lately have been booked 2 months out and we stay at that KOA quit frequent and they have been like that since the China virus has come into play

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Gonna go against the grain a smidge... the Mellow Mushroom in Asheville, is the best I've had in the state.

Didn't care for the rest of downtown, including the drunk group-bicycle at 1pm.

704Josh

Spike
Friends enjoy staying here, it’s a nice quiet campground. I’ve never stayed there myself but I’ve visited it.

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Friends enjoy staying here, it’s a nice quiet campground. I’ve never stayed there myself but I’ve visited it.
I’ll vouch for this place. This is just north of Asheville in the town I used to work for - we had very few, if any, problems there. Great views from the top of the mountain where the campground is.