Asheville Nov 5-9th trip

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Try booking any room there during October, for October, and get back to us 😂

October is likely the #1 busiest tourist month for western NC and Asheville
The man asked for suggestions and I gave him one. I've booked there this year. They have cancellations like everyone else. Nothing wrong with trying.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
I‘ve stayed at the Crowne Plaza a couple times for work. Don’t they have some cabins on that property as well?? Also stayed at the Doubletree a few times (easy access to I-40).
Not sure about cabins, maybe?
I remember a mountain bike course and zip lines on the property.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Our son is in Cullowhee and my wife says any trips west are going to be Cullowhee, Sylva, or Waynesville area. Mom has to see her boy. I prefer those areas over Asheville anyway.

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
If you plan on staying at the KOA in swannanoa you better hurry, campgrounds here lately have been booked 2 months out and we stay at that KOA quit frequent and they have been like that since the China virus has come into play

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Gonna go against the grain a smidge... the Mellow Mushroom in Asheville, is the best I've had in the state.

Didn't care for the rest of downtown, including the drunk group-bicycle at 1pm.

704Josh

Four Pointer
Friends enjoy staying here, it’s a nice quiet campground. I’ve never stayed there myself but I’ve visited it.

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Friends enjoy staying here, it’s a nice quiet campground. I’ve never stayed there myself but I’ve visited it.
I’ll vouch for this place. This is just north of Asheville in the town I used to work for - we had very few, if any, problems there. Great views from the top of the mountain where the campground is.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
so ended up using air bb and have a place in clyde on Fine creek.

what do you all suggest to see around there? Looks like a good selection of food in waynesville. suggestions welcome.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Drive through Maggie Valley up to the Parkway and see if the leaf colors are any good when you are there.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
We went through there on the way to Knoxville Saturday.

Leaves were just beginning to turn up at the Continental Divide.

Parkway should be rocking when you get there.

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
just got back from Mars Hill / Waynesville area yesterday.
kids had a good time at the gem mine. .. Linville Falls was was flowing well after the rain Friday , but always a nice area.
hit up some other smaller hiking trails/falls