Artificial Intelligence

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
It's bad when you fight artificial intelligence and you start to loose. :rolleyes: Just how I feel this morning battling my computer. I sometimes do think this thing has a "mind" of it's own. :LOL: Got it beat for now though!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I get to combat artificial intelligence on a daily basis at work in the form of point and click, cut and paste, spoon fed "higher learning degree" individuals who can't complete a sentence, spell a simple word or communicate in English what their order or plan for our Veterans is or will be.
I know it's not the same thing as the OP intended as the subject for this thread, but it works in the same way...we fight the "artificial intelligence" that is absolutely necessary for modern day business at hand. Whether it be constructed by a citizen of another country in a factory and programmed by someone with multiple letters behind their name or graduated from a place of "higher learning" by someone with multiple letters behind their name, faulty artificial intelligence is certainly worse than just plain ol intelligence and explicitly worse than just plain ol stupidity and not at all a substitute for good ol common sense.

Rant over and my apologies to the OP...

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
what their order or plan for our Veterans is or will be.

don't get me started,,,drove 45 minutes one way to a VA appointment for my hearing aides to be told "your appointment was cancelled this morning as your care provider called in sick"......

lucky I am a more (slightly) forgiving man than I used to be,,,,,,

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
don't get me started,,,drove 45 minutes one way to a VA appointment for my hearing aides to be told "your appointment was cancelled this morning as your care provider called in sick"......

Oh yes, happens almost daily. My last week epiphany was that the clerks were cancelling clinics for the Dr's that called in sick(without coverage of course) and printing letters for the patients scheduled to come that same day to be mailed. Not calling them mind you, just cancelling and printing letters. When I asked their supervisor about this process I was told that the letters were "protocol"......really? Now that's some artificial intelligence going on right there for sure.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, tell me about it. Been getting injections for my shoulders on a 90 day schedule and then out of the blue they cancel the already scheduled next appointment and move it back an entire month. Had to pull my truck seat up until I was almost eating the steering wheel just to be able to drive to Greenville to the clinic...

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

I thought you was going to say you didn't hear them. LOL