Art / advertising imitating life

Aythya

Eight Pointer
Just saw an ad for one of those robotic/ automatic cat litter boxes One of the exaggerated examples in the ad was a woman with a cat litter box that was about 3 feet by 3 feet and a foot deep. I actually had a customer that had one with several months of cat crap in it. Unlike the one in the TV ad it was filled about 10 inches deeper than the sides of the box and was overflowing onto newspapers on the floor.

The customer called for an estimate for replacement windows. The house was a late 50-early 60's model with very inefficient jalousie windows. I arrived on site and did a quick walk around to check for rot, take some measurements and get a count. I drew up the estimate and went to the door. Upon entering you were smacked in the face by litter box smell. It was overpowering, breath taking even. I'm a cat fan, had cats my whole life and I'd never smelled anything like this. The home owner agreed to the price of my quote. I told her I needed to take interior measurements also. After going room to room I came up two short from my exterior count. When I inquired about it the customer responded I must have missed the cats' room. There were at least five I had seen. There was a room off the den that had a wall hanging cover the door way to the room I missed. When I entered there it was ! Cat Poop Mountain ! A 3 ft. x 3 ft. litter box constructed of treated 2 x 10's similar to a child' sand box surrounded by a massive apron of newspaper. Litter and poop was mounded up twice the height of the sides. THe thing easily had 120-150 lb. of cat litter in it. I got my measurements while holding my breath...ha! I actually opened the windows while I was in there. I then felt a biting itching sensation on my shins and ankles. I had so many fleas on each leg {2.5 to 4 dozen} I about flipped out. When I re-entered the den the customer laughed it off and offered me a can of OFF she kept handy. No Kidding, no BS this is for real.
The customer, a female, had the title "Dr." before her name ...MD or PHD, I don't know. But she worked for the NC Dept of Health !!

The next week when I sent her the order confirmation I indicated that she would need to clean and fumigate the home before we would complete the installation. While she complied, the odor in her home was horrific. We removed the cat room widows first and reinstalled them last.

NASTY!

Last edited:

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just saw an ad for one of those robotic/ automatic cat litter boxes One of the exaggerated examples in the ad was a woman with a cat litter box that was about 3 feet by 3 feet and a foot deep. I actually had a customer that had one with several months of cat crap in it. Unlike the one in the TV ad it was filled about 10 inches deeper than the sides of the box and was overflowing onto newspapers on the floor.

The customer called for an estimate for replacement windows. The house was a late 50-early 60's model with very inefficient jalousie windows. I arrived on site and did a quick walk around to check for rot, take some measurements and get a count. I drew up the estimate and went to the door. Upon entering you were smacked in the face by litter box smell. It was overpowering, breath taking even. I'm a cat fan, had cats my whole life and I'd never smelled anything like this. The home owner agreed to the price of my quote. I told her I needed to take interior measurements also. After going room to room I came up two short from my exterior count. When I inquired about it the customer responded I must have missed the cats' room. There were at least five I had seen. There was a room off the den that had a wall hanging cover the door way to the room I missed. When I entered there it was ! Cat Poop Mountain ! A 3 ft. x 3 ft. litter box constructed of treated 2 x 10's similar to a child' sand box surrounded by a massive apron of newspaper. Litter and poop was mounded up twice the height of the sides. THe thing easily had 120-150 lb. of cat litter in it. I got my measurements while holding my breath...ha! I actually opened the windows while I was in there. I then felt a biting itching sensation on my shins and ankles. I had so many fleas on each leg {2.5 to 4 dozen} I about flipped out. When I re-entered the den the customer laughed it off and offered me a can of OFF she kept handy. No Kidding, no BS this is for real.
The customer, a female, had the title "Dr." before her name ...MD or PHD, I don't know. But she worked for the NC Dept of Health !!

The next week when I sent her the order confirmation I indicated that she would need to clean and fumigate the home before we would complete the installation. While she complied, the odor in her home was horrific. We removed the cat room widows first and reinstalled them last.

NASTY!
I've left septic pumping jobs due to dog chit all over the yard. Dragging hose through a pile really makes for a bad day.
Cats are disgusting, but cat horders should be institutionalized.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
35 years in Multi Family Housing (apartments) I can positively say that medical people live in the most disguising conditions imaginable. With them being the dirtiest, I can also say that the cleanest, neatest and orderly were gay male couples..... go figure...

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns

NASTY!

Ho ace

Ten Pointer
Contributor

NASTY!

That is as bad as that time we went into that vacant apartment near NCSU and it smelled of cooking oil and was infested with thousands of big and small roaches. When you opened the back door the dozens of roaches hiding on top of the door fell out…I almost lost it!

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
That is as bad as that time we went into that vacant apartment near NCSU and it smelled of cooking oil and was infested with thousands of big and small roaches. When you opened the back door the dozens of roaches hiding on top of the door fell out…I almost lost it!
Once upon a time I took a rookie on an EMS call in the projects.

When we got back outside, he asked me if I was OK, because I was fidgeting around and shuffling my feet the entire time.

I said, "You need to keep your feet moving, otherwise the roaches will run to the space under your heel, then eventually up your pant leg."

He looked at me stunned. Then looked at his boots. Then looked at me. Then his boots. Then he stomped his feet and a couple 3 roaches fell out from his pant leg......

He proceeded to disrobe. Good thing it was winter and he had longjohns on....

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
35 years in Multi Family Housing (apartments) I can positively say that medical people live in the most disguising conditions imaginable. With them being the dirtiest, I can also say that the cleanest, neatest and orderly were gay male couples..... go figure...
Maybe they were used to keeping everything packed away and cleaning up after the packing? :skeerd:

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
My mother passed away May 29th. She had two cats in her house. My 66 year old disabled sister moved in with her the last two years of mom’s life. She had two cats. They let strays in the house and under the house. After mom died I moved my sister back to her home. Moms house was destroyed by cats. All the molding around the doors had to be replaced from scratching, all the carpet had to be removed and parts of the floor had to be replaced from cat piss. They had four litter boxes but the cats pissed on the heat registers. Cats are the devil. They tore all the hvac duct work out. I’ve spent two nights on her back porch killing cats. Did I mention I hate cats!

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
I have a friend who has a small rental house whose previous tenant had cats, must have had a house full because the house has set empty for five years and will still knock you down with the scent of cat piss when you open the door.

I doubt he'll ever be able to rent it again.

Awful. But you know, art has always been through which people broadcast their pain and inner experiences. A striking example of this is the painting by Vasily Vereshchagin, "Apotheosis of War." It's not scary; you say, well, skulls, crows, almost Gothic. And look closely; there are traces of bullets and sabers on the skulls. There is a real person behind everyone, with a family and history hopes to return home and live. The author ironically called the painting a landscape because it depicts nature, albeit dead. It is incredibly painful that people, realizing the horror of war, will never stop killing each other. I want to order such a picture using https://ipaintings.com.

Last edited:

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Awful. But you know, art has always been through which people broadcast their pain and inner experiences. A striking example of this is the painting by Vasily Vereshchagin, "Apotheosis of War." It's not scary; you say, well, skulls, crows, almost Gothic. And look closely; there are traces of bullets and sabers on the skulls.
But are we really gonna imply that a heaping mound of cat 💩 and a flea circus is her art???

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I used to do full service repair for a few select landlords handling everything from hvac,plumbing to cleaning up and painting in between tenants. I was the first one in to determine if they was to get deposits back. The ol white sock test would look like black pepper on the worst ones

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
But are we really gonna imply that a heaping mound of cat 💩 and a flea circus is her art???
Just realized this was an older thread. People can have all the animals they want but letting the waste pile up is not art. Its neglect. I'm not a big cat fan but the animals are suffering the worst especially with fleas