Arrachera Tacos/Tortillas

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Yep, another Hank Shaw recipe. This one is for arrachera tacos, which he fixes with venison. I had to make them with beef, but they came out SO AMAZING that I will have to make them at the Pisgah deer camp if I can! This was a lot of work, but totally worth it. Instead of using actual tacos, I made flour tortillas from scratch using his recipe for that. I also halved the recipe and just made 6 tortillas. The only other change I made was I "grilled" the skirt steak in a cast iron pan right up under the broiler for 2 minutes on each side since I don't have a grill. They came out perfect!

You can't ever beat homemade. The homemade tortillas are so fresh and delicious and the meat, cilantro, and lime-soaked onions inside taste like they came from a restaurant! Five stars on this one!

Here is the arrachera tacos recipe:

Here is the flour tortillas recipe. I did NOT use a tortilla press because I don't have one and it seems really unnecessary. I just put each dough ball on a piece of plastic, put another piece of plastic over it, and pressed down slowly with my hands. Then I cooked them in a cast iron pan.

Now I'm going to go have a beer and relax and then call it a night. :D

Attachments

• 20210801_211616.jpg
    20210801_211616.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210801_211632.jpg
    20210801_211632.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Nope. More for me to share with others or eat on my own.

don't feel bad,,, my Wife won't eat wild game,,, some of my grandkids will eat it with me,,, well some of it,, some I cook to rare for them,,,

timber

Twelve Pointer
don't feel bad,,, my Wife won't eat wild game,,, some of my grandkids will eat it with me,,, well some of it,, some I cook to rare for them,,,

Now i can kida take there side on the to rare. Dont like stuff cooked like shoe leather but dont want to have to drain the blood off my plate before i eat it.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Now i can kida take there side on the to rare. Dont like stuff cooked like shoe leather but dont want to have to drain the blood off my plate before i eat it.

yeah,, me to (for them),,, this case was some tuna belly I had cooked,,, was just not my grandsons style,,,

normally I cook "Papa Food" and "normal people food" when cooking game meat,,,,