Armadillos being reported in 46 counties

The good news is they dig up yellow jacket nest and eat them so you wont get stung. The bad news is they can carry leprosy. Just another invasive species migrating north.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They're even better than skirls at pretending they are a monster buck, or in turkey season they pretend they're a big boss gobbler.
And forget about shooting one with an arrow, you just wasted a heap of money and he's still goona run off.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
My wife swears she saw one dead on the road here and I told here that wasn't likely that map shows we have had credible reports.

Without a doubt we have skunks here I have seen with my own eyes and unfortunately my nose.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Im 41. Never saw one. Also have never saw a skunk other than a zoo.
I think they will be here soon enough. Chatham county is full of them. Never seen them in lee county but I have definitely smelled them around lemon springs and on the Sanford bypass near deep river.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I seen them in Florida . They ain't scared of humans much down there. They like to move thru your trash if they can reach it.
I have not seen them down in Scotland or Harnett county. Too freaking cold for them to live in my part of Rockingham county.

strut buster

Eight Pointer
They're even better than skirls at pretending they are a monster buck, or in turkey season they pretend they're a big boss gobbler.
And forget about shooting one with an arrow, you just wasted a heap of money and he's still goona run off.

A squirrel sounds like a squirrel. A feeding armadillo sounds exactly like a deer slowly shuffling along picking up acorns just out of sight. I hunted around them for 20 years before moving here and still got fooled on the regular. I'm talking dead red, heart pounding fooled.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I never realized y'all didn't have skunks in eastern NC dang things are nuisance around here especially if dig gets sprayed. They'll dig little holes all in yard at night. As far as armadillo haven't seen any in NC but when I hunted SC long time ago seen them remember Simone showing me how you just walk right up to one and he did something to make thing jump or something like that

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I seen them in Florida . They ain't scared of humans much down there. They like to move thru your trash if they can reach it.
I have not seen them down in Scotland or Harnett county. Too freaking cold for them to live in my part of Rockingham county.
You come to Scotland County?

n.d.woods

Eight Pointer
Never saw one in NC but the cold doesn't bother them much, live in KS now, coldest winter I've been through, Armadillos everywhere

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
They have a habit when scared of jumping so grills on cars get smashed all the time. see em like crazy when I am fishing in Georgia.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I think they will be here soon enough. Chatham county is full of them. Never seen them in lee county but I have definitely smelled them around lemon springs and on the Sanford bypass near deep river.
I'm on the bypass everyday and have smelled what I think to be them but wasn't 100% on it.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I never realized y'all didn't have skunks in eastern NC

They are moving in - never seen one or sign of one in Scotland / Hoke Counties till last year seen one dead on the side of the road

Well, that’s southern Sandhills - it’s eastern N.C. to me but not “downeast”

SM270

Ten Pointer
Never saw them until a friend of mine told me they were in SC. I was traveling back and forth at the time to Florida for work, and for sure they are in SC. Cooling looking critter if you’ve never seen them before.