Arkansas or Missouri guides

farmmandave

Eight Pointer
I’m looking for guide/ outfitter recommendations in Arkansas or Missouri. No one in my hunting group has been out there for duck hunting. We are looking to book something for next year.

Last edited:

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
I’m looking for guide/ outfitter recommendations for in Arkansas or Missouri. No one in my hunting group has been out there for duck hunting. We are looking to book something for next year.
We did an unguided pit lease this year in SE Missouri with Rogers Goosedown Outfitters. First two days were slow but we still killed a few. Third day we switched blinds and weather changed in our favor and we did pretty well. Decoys were provided and steel pit blinds were brushed and clean.DE679179-7AC5-44A4-9CC2-08F86D64CD42.jpeg

I’ll probably go back and hunt with them next year. We are doing a snow goose hunt end of this month, but for ducks I prefer no guide

Last edited:

Gasman

Twelve Pointer
We hunted 3 days with Arkansas County Outfitters this year. They are located in Almyra, Arkansas about 15 miles outside of Stuttgart. The first 2 days were slow but the third day was good. The guides were good, the blinds were roomy and brushed in well. We will be going back with them next year.

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
We did an unguided pit lease this year in SE Missouri with Rogers Goosedown Outfitters. First two days were slow but we still killed a few. Third day we switched blinds and weather changed in our favor and we did pretty well. Decoys were provided and steel put blinds were brushed and clean.View attachment 109866

I’ll probably go back and hunt with them next year. We are doing a snow goose hunt end of this month, but for ducks I prefer no guide
I do believe I know that truck 😎 if it’s who I believe we go to church together. Didn’t know he was into ducks though

CBD21

Eight Pointer
Peace river waterfowl out of Wynne or Hunter’s paradise guide service out of cache in Arkansas. Both of them work hard to put you on birds.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Be sure not to use a guide that approaches you at a gas station or when you are eating somewhere like the Sportsman Drive Inn in Stuttgart. Lots of people from SC stay there a month during duck season and halfway guide. Get a native guide that understands which area holds what SAV's, knows where the correct water level is going to be in the GTR and most important how to stay away from the pressure.

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
I hear that a lot about sc folks invading Arkansas. I wonder why????? But from what I hear the locals don’t like the sc guys.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
We did an unguided pit lease this year in SE Missouri with Rogers Goosedown Outfitters. First two days were slow but we still killed a few. Third day we switched blinds and weather changed in our favor and we did pretty well. Decoys were provided and steel put blinds were brushed and clean.View attachment 109866

That sounds like an awesome deal. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been on those trips out there and just wished the guide had not been in the blind. I hate having a guide and 25 of their friends in the blind.

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
That sounds like an awesome deal. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been on those trips out there and just wished the guide had not been in the blind. I hate having a guide and 25 of their friends in the blind.
Absolutely the way to go. We’ve had several bad experiences with “guides” - sleeping or on their phone vs watching or calling birds, being the first to shoot, just being dumb etc.

This way we just leased a blind for the day and didn’t have to deal with any of that nonsense. It was $600/day for the pit - we only had 4 but it’s very affordable.

For us, it was $450/man + hotel/fuel/meals for a 3 day hunt in the MS flyway - hard to beat and no need to tip. That’s the way to go in my opinion.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
I like the idea of a lease vs guide for many reasons but my biggest question would be how often are those lease blinds shot? In other words, are they “rested” between groups and if so for how many days? Wouldn’t want to hunt blinds that had been shot a few days earlier.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I like the idea of a lease vs guide for many reasons but my biggest question would be how often are those lease blinds shot? In other words, are they “rested” between groups and if so for how many days? Wouldn’t want to hunt blinds that had been shot a few days earlier.
In my experience all of those pits in that flyway get shot daily and every day is different because they hunt migrations and there is a constant new flow of birds. Here if you shoot a pond that has 50 ringnecks sitting on it one time you may likely never see them again because that’s all there was going to be to begin with. But, I have the same way of thinking. I would hate to be shooting a pit that has been banged out for 12 straight days prior to my hunt but they’re in it to make money more than anything else.