Are you tired of seeing muzzle blast threads and posts?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Here is a public service announcement. Mainly intended for folks like @Matty and @KrisB and @Dan Apple who prefer to not see the political drivel from Muzzle Blast either via the MB forum or via the New Posts link.

You can control this! You may have to wait up to 20 min for the setting to take effect, but if you follow the following steps you can rid yourselves of muzzle blast topics entirely.

1) Click on your username in the upper right of the screen.
2) From the dialog that appears, click on Preferences.
3) Scroll down about half way until you see:
1610590711340.png
4) Check the box next to Hide Forum.
5) Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.

Voila...no more MB anywhere on the site for you once the promotion system runs every 20 min or so.

Last edited:

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Heck, if I don't agree or like something, I just move along...

Can people actually not keep their mouth shut when they don't agree with something?

How in the heck do they hold down a job??? Or stay married??? Or keep from getting a butt whipping???

I figure, I'm in your house, act accordingly......

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Heck, if I don't agree or like something, I just move along...

Can people actually not keep their mouth shut when they don't agree with something?

How in the heck do they hold down a job??? Or stay married??? Or keep from getting a butt whipping???

I figure, I'm in your house, act accordingly......

That's fine and I understand your point. However, politics can still be annoying to some people, especially when its half the traffic on the site at times. This setting allows them to enjoy the site and get rid of an annoyance.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm good as things are. I can look, or ignore, whatever I wish. The site is, imho, set up to allow such. Dang shame it has had to come to this. I am trying really hard to not insult the less tolerant that visit here....

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
FWIW...IMO, the notion of a "Muzzleblasts" section has a lot of merit for a lot of subjects...visability & access to those other subjects would be cut off completely with the "Muzzleblasts - Hide Forum" option.

Just tossing this out in case it might have any value:
Would it be workable to split off / or add a section entitled POLITICS...and move the POLITICAL threads into that section?
And set it up so IT could be checked: "POLITICAL-Hide Forum".....instead of all of Muzzleblasts?

That would still leave the original Muzzleblasts section open / intact for it's original purposes.

Just my .02 cents on the matter

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Here is a public service announcement. Mainly intended for folks like @Matty and @KrisB and @Dan Apple who prefer to not see the political drivel from Muzzle Blast either via the MB forum or via the New Posts link.

You can control this! You may have to wait up to 20 min for the setting to take effect, but if you follow the following steps you can rid yourselves of muzzle blast topics entirely.

View attachment 58994

Voila...no more MB anywhere on the site for you once the promotion system runs every 20 min or so.

I actually don't have a problem with MB topics showing up in the New Posts section. I sometimes read MB threads to get different perspectives. I was just saying it seemed like a few people were posting political threads in the General Forum instead of in Muzzle Blast.

But thank you for the info anyway, @Tipmoose! I wasn't aware of this option.

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns

View attachment 58994

Thanks,, I never participated a lot in there anyway. When I came back here I had moose block that for me because it’s like a train wreck,,, you can’t help but look.

For many reasons, I seldom discuss politics or religion. Discussions on the two topics usually turn to arguments which turn to resentment.

i'd much rather hear about NC Hunting and Fishing. 🤔

Last edited:

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
no matter what you do, some people will never be happy.
Don't be a dumacrat and punish everyone for a few whiners. Don't change a thing please. I was on a similar site in Delaware and it died quickly once the owner started editing and changing things for a few complainers. They will always complain, no matter what.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
Perhaps I missed something. Nothing is changed. On an individual basis, you can choose to have the website hide certain people from conversations and you can hide certain forum subsections, but that has absolutely no bearing on anyone else’s experience on the site. There’s a lot of talk about “if it don’t affect me, then I don’t care” but then someone asks how they can alter their personal experience on the site and people lose their 💩. I despise politics, I try to ignore the BS everywhere I go. I don’t plan on blocking the topic because of it, but why do so many people care if it doesn’t show up on someone else’s telephone?

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm wondering if there's a setting that doesn't allow grown men to get butthurt every time someone talks about a bunch of 20 yos playing with a ball at a school they never went to?

Sorry Tip. I apologize. :)

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Half of my entertainment here belongs to the posts of a handful of characters on a variety of topics. Censorship isn't something I'd be a fan of no matter how often, nor how bad these characters embarrass themselves. Part of life is weeding out the BS. Being able to communicate or at least read the thoughts of people with their heads screwed on backwards is beneficial.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Thank you Tip, for your efforts to inform everyone of the nuances of the forum. This thread is a prime example of who so many feel they have to give their opinion when all you were doing was making an announcement specifically aimed certain people but generally for anyone's benefit who opted for it.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Just be aware if you block it you'll miss the Friday posts big loss there.😁 I can't say I post lot in MB section but is entertaining especially the jokers that'll argue with fence post I get good laugh out of lit of it but also find informative stuff as well I just can't take typing stuff to serious just words on net. I will say this I've been on others like SCor Old gobbler and such and this one is hands down best good peoole running it and good group to yap with.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Half of my entertainment here belongs to the posts of a handful of characters on a variety of topics. Censorship isn't something I'd be a fan of no matter how often, nor how bad these characters embarrass themselves. Part of life is weeding out the BS. Being able to communicate or at least read the thoughts of people with their heads screwed on backwards is beneficial.

Thank you.