Archery Ranges Near Holly Springs

Bow_n_Bird_Hunter

Button Buck
Hey all - new to NC from PA. Having just moved to Holly Springs recently I have been hitting Google hard to find the closest archery ranges but am not finding much? Some clubs with ranges near Durham, an indoor range in North Raleigh. Does anyone know of an archery range in the Holly Springs / Apex area that I could join to shoot a little closer to home?

Trying to find the answer online without much luck, but could I take a mobile target and shoot on game lands in the off season, then remove my target when I head home?

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

Bow_n_Bird_Hunter

Button Buck
Thanks. I found a "contact us" section on the Game Commissions website and reached out about shooting on Harris. Will let you know if I hear back.

Appreciate the tip!

NickB

Button Buck
Keep me posted. I live in Garner and have been tempted to take some targets out there to start stretching my effective range.

Bow_n_Bird_Hunter

Button Buck
@NickB - So I got an email back from WRC, which states any target shooting, including archery, is prohibited:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I received your email about target shooting with archery equipment and you asked if it falls into the definition, our take on this is that any target shooting whether firearms or archery is considered target shooting so it would be a prohibited activity.

Most likely you can find a private landowner that would be agreeable to allow you to shoot your bow as long as you don’t leave anything behind, I would try looking there or the nearest WRC archery range is likely the Caswell Range located in Caswell County, or the Lentz Range in Richmond County (which is under a renovation right now and is closed), you can click on the link below to get to our website and show all ranges in NC.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

----------------------
Chris A. Teague
Northern Piedmont Technician Supervisor
NC Wildlife Resources Commission
Mailing Address: 1718 Hwy. 56 W
Creedmoor, North Carolina 27522
office: 919-707-0375 // "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for all the other replies and help with this!

NickB

Button Buck
@NickB - So I got an email back from WRC, which states any target shooting, including archery, is prohibited:

"I received your email about target shooting with archery equipment and you asked if it falls into the definition, our take on this is that any target shooting whether firearms or archery is considered target shooting so it would be a prohibited activity.

Most likely you can find a private landowner that would be agreeable to allow you to shoot your bow as long as you don’t leave anything behind, I would try looking there or the nearest WRC archery range is likely the Caswell Range located in Caswell County, or the Lentz Range in Richmond County (which is under a renovation right now and is closed), you can click on the link below to get to our website and show all ranges in NC.

Thank you,

----------------------
Chris A. Teague

Well, that's good to know at least. I'll copy and paste the response in the other thread in case anyone else uses it as a reference. I'm going to email the guy about the Neuse River association since that's a few miles down the road from me. I believe that's also the place the gentleman that owns First Flight mentioned to me a while ago in regards to some 3D shoots they host.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns

Thank you,

----------------------
Chris A. Teague

Well, he is not following the clear language of the law. That's why sometimes you get different answers with different people from the WRC. They need reading lessons.

Sunshine63

Button Buck
Hey all - new to NC from PA. Having just moved to Holly Springs recently I have been hitting Google hard to find the closest archery ranges but am not finding much? Some clubs with ranges near Durham, an indoor range in North Raleigh. Does anyone know of an archery range in the Holly Springs / Apex area that I could join to shoot a little closer to home?

Trying to find the answer online without much luck, but could I take a mobile target and shoot on game lands in the off season, then remove my target when I head home?

Thanks for the advice!
I'm in HS as well & have been looking for something close by, but haven't had any luck. We just shoot in the yard & woods (we're in the county). But share if you find something!