Archery Kills 2018

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber

This guy came in grunting at 3:10 pm on my first sit of my rutcation.
10 pt. One of the bigger body bucks I’ve killed up here. (Illinois). Raven R-9 crossbow
Magnus Black hornet Ser Razor broad head. Ran maybe 25 yards. 15 yard shot.
151 5/8”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Came in with a doe, guarded her for 15 minutes from another 8 pt. Easy track job for the pup. View attachment 22041View attachment 22042
That’s one cool lookin little pup(great deer too lol). Does your pup have some dachshund in him
He is purebred, a German wirehaired dachshund, they call them teckels in Germany where his parents are from. Them and drahthaars are the most versatile hunting dogs there is. His prey drive is through the roof

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

YanceyGreenhorn

Six Pointer
He is purebred, a German wirehaired dachshund, they call them teckels in Germany where his parents are from. Them and drahthaars are the most versatile hunting dogs there is. His prey drive is through the roof

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
That’s really cool. I’ve got a dachshund beagle mix (just looks like a beefier dachshund) and I’ve never taken him afield . But man he will tree any squirrel that comes in the yard and picks up scent like crazy. I’ve taken him scouting with me before deer season and watched him go straight up a ridge and come out of the rhododendrons driving two does. Cool breed you have tho thanks

NCBowhunter84

Button Buck
11/29/18
Fort Bragg Public Land
27 yard shot
Spine shot by mistake, follow up shot to front of chest, so no track job
Hoyt Pro Defiant Turbo
65#, 29.5 draw
Easton Hexx with 100 grain G5 Montec
435 grains finished arrow weight

Last edited:

NCBowhunter84

Button Buck
12/08/18
Fort Bragg Public Land
18 yard shot, Double lung and heart.
Ran 20 yards and dropped
Hoyt Pro Defiant Turbo
65#, 29.5 Draw
Easton Hexx with 100 grain G5 Montec
435 Arrow Weight

antlers11

Button Buck
Shot this one from my front yard. 18 yard shot, ran 50 yards. PSE fang with two blade rage. Also took a nice doe with the same setup.

Attachments

Reactions: PG2