Archery Experts?

haulinbass

Four Pointer
Is there anyone around that is good at tuning recurves and longbows? Looking around Wake, Chatham, Lee... Thanks

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You're really limited when you get to traditional bows. You're tuning the arrow, for the most part.

What's your issue?

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good luck finding a traditional shop. I know they're out there but at least in my area they're scarcer than hen's teeth. My suggestion would be to Google Rick Stonebraker, "Tune for Tens". Absolutely the most user-friendly and detailed tuning guide I've found, been using it for 6 years....
There are ton of factors which can affect arrow flight, if you can let us know your problem we can probably suggest some remedies....

DarrinG

Six Pointer
Best thing you can do is find another experienced traditional bowhunter and hook up with him for an afternoon of shooting/tuning. What area are you in?

Bud B.

Eight Pointer
Take a drive over to Eagle Flight Archery in Alamance County.

Also, snakeskinner on here shoots trad and can offer advice on how to tune a trad bow easily. I think he is in Granville Co.

So can I, but I am in Randolph.

Eagle Flight Archery -Don Ward, owner
1626 Trollingwood Hawfields Rd, Mebane, NC 27302

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I enjoy helping people. There are a few on here that might be able to help you online and get you pointed in the right direction before actually getting together with you. I'm in Creedmoor and am usually quite busy during hunting season but might have a Sunday afternoon sometime.