ARABIAN HORSE FOR SALE?

lbksmom

Twelve Pointer
Hi, my granddaughter has a FEMALE Arabian 5 years old Rust color, no papers. She had her riding but now a senior has other plans. Has not been riding for 2 years, may need someone that knows what to do. Price: you tell me or trade for a rifle / shotgun Thanks, Jerry

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
You may want to list what type of riding the horse would be good for such as hunter, jumper, eventing, dressage or trail riding. If it's trained for a specific type of riding, that can affect the value of the horse.

I own a hunter horse that was 6 years old with no papers. Even if it is only lightly trained, it may be worth more than the trade for a gun.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You may want to list what type of riding the horse would be good for such as hunter, jumper, eventing, dressage or trail riding. If it's trained for a specific type of riding, that can affect the value of the horse.

I own a hunter horse that was 6 years old with no papers. Even if it is only lightly trained, it may be worth more than the trade for a gun.
Yeah I bought a lightly trained 6 year old for $5k. Guess that could buy a really nice rifle.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I bought my horse for $17k. I guess I could have few rifles and a safe too.
I've got a 28 year old Barrel horse standing in my pasture in retirement now that I turned down $30k plus for multiple times. Some of the horses he and I have outran over the years have sold for $100k plus.

That being said, a regular old pastor ornament trail horse is hard to give away these days.

lbksmom

Twelve Pointer
OK, any of you want her for 3k ?? That is better than 5 k or 17 k or 100 k ?? She is pretty, I would say english that is what we speak ?? I don't know nuch about horses?? She needs to be gone by end of this month.

Rubline

Eight Pointer
We have registered Quarter horses that are used for trail riding, nothing else.
I wouldn't sell em for anything but at the same time to be honest, the saddles would probably bring more than the horses right now.
The market for most horses right now is flat.
As mentioned earlier if you have a solid jumper or some other kind of competition horse you can find a buyer but a run of the mill hay burner that will need an experienced rider that will have to spend time on it to retrain will be hard to sell.
Just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.