Ar10

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Seriously contemplating selling my ar15 & building an ar10 in 308.. Looking at PSA, I know they have their own pattern. Anyone have any experience with their ar10’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I stopped using PSA years ago with all tye QC problems they had and shipping or delays.
I when to CMMG for AR10 platform and picked up lower local then ordered the parts to build a few 308 and 6.5 guns.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I’d go with aero or cmmg, much better quality and the parts are dpms pattern which give you a larger selection of build resources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just ordered and received one from Palmetto State for my brother in 7.62. It's a nice looking rig but when you add a full 30 round mag I think a cement block may weigh less....that's a heavy rascal.

HotSoup

Ten Pointer
Bought 2, both shoot great no issues.

PSA is gtg...just because they had delays in the "obama" days, so what.....EVERYBODY did.

HotSoup

Ten Pointer
I have multiple 5.56 rigs, a 6.8, and 308 from psa and no issues with any of them fyi.

Also have a AA 50 beowulf on a psa lower, no issues

Combat Diver

Eight Pointer
Suggest you keep the AR15 for cheapness of ammo (assuming 5.56) and weight. AR10s get heavy and you'll miss the balance and ease of carrying the 15. Get both :)

CD

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Currently i have a 300BO. I built it for hunting, I either stand or blind hunt so the weight isn’t a huge factor. I just really like the ballistic advantages of the larger round & the bullet options.

Definitely a “want”, not a “need”.. I’ve been thinking about getting a 308, the AR won out over a Henry Long Ranger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Might think about a 6.5 Grendel too, lil things are hammers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inshore duck

Six Pointer
They are heavy rigs, 12 lbs on MWS, around 11 on OBR. They have their place, if wanting to go long range, greater than 800 yds I would suggest a different platform.