AR pistols AK pistols and others.....

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Just an FYI make sure you know the laws and rules on them if you plan to use them.

Several times this week and in the past I was ask or confronted with questions or want to see my cool pistol build.....
Only to see they replaced the brace with a stock because it feels better, adding Vert Grips and even playing with oil filters.

If you play stupid games expect stupid rewards....
If you are not sure ask some one or do some checking up on it before you do it.
If you do stupid stuff do not video or take pictures of it...

May not apply for those here but just putting it out there.

And the Comments "that is how I bought it" will not keep you out of court or jail.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
If I ever made anything, questionable it would be long after a breakdown and those kinda concerns would be things of the past..... also you’d never hear about it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep....

I bet most here are not the type they need to walk into a gun shop and start showing people the cool illegal stuff they have been doing.... and not even know who they are talking to.
Or carry it around a gun show!

BJordan

Eight Pointer
So, my first AR pistol is arriving today, it shipped no brace. Its still legal to add a pistol brace correct? Leaning toward the sba3. And I understand vertical grips are illegal but what about the magpul afg angled fore grip?

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
It’s legal right now for AFG/hand stops. Vertical grip makes it an AOW (NFA item). I’m sure they will remove any type of forward grip soon. Anyone who buys a AR pistol now has to understand things can and will change quickly.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yes and yes as what has been covered.

Just remember under some letters and rulings cover the brace. There is no legal mods to the brace as shipped. Cant remove the straps, fill the gaps, add a pad, cut loops off.
So my advice is to keep the brace 100% as shipped and approved.
Any change is not legal.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Also add. Just me not telling anyone what to do....
AFG, stick to the few that have been covered under a letter. Magpul AFG is one.

There are some that look more like a vert grip just small angle are in question.
They are sold as a AFG but more so just a vert grip. I don't want to be the test subject!