AR lower build?

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Speaking of PSA lower parts...

does anyone here have any of the new PSA produced drop in triggers??? Price looks competitive against the other players.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
The best tool for the detent springs i have used is just a single edge razor blade or box cutter blade. Just hold the detent down with the thin blade and slide the pin right over it.
Like Mr.Gadget, I started that way, too. Then I found a metal rod that fit, and depressed the detent down with a knife blade and slid the rod in enough to hold it in place. From now on, I'll use the tool. I think it costs about $6. You can even make one from a scrap metal rod or even a hardwood dowel.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
What you using the permatex on the build or is that just on the bench?

I didn’t stake the castle nut...yet.
Trying something new after hearing you talk about it in another thread. Didn’t have anything other than blue in the box.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I didn’t stake the castle nut...yet.
Trying something new after hearing you talk about it in another thread. Didn’t have anything other than blue in the box.
10-4.
Kind of what I was thinking.

Last few I did I hit them with torque wrench only and will see how that does.
Looking at some paint also. Used in airplanes. It is a type of paint that they use on threads or marking parts.
My thought was install the nut then add the paint to the threads on the bottom side. Just a drop, it lets you know there is no rotation, also helps the nut stick inplace.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
10-4.
Kind of what I was thinking.

Last few I did I hit them with torque wrench only and will see how that does.
Looking at some paint also. Used in airplanes. It is a type of paint that they use on threads or marking parts.
My thought was install the nut then add the paint to the threads on the bottom side. Just a drop, it lets you know there is no rotation, also helps the nut stick inplace.

I was actually going to do that very thing.
On optics with exposed adjustments (eotechs, etc) paint can be used to mark zeros and make sure nothing has rotated.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I was actually going to do that very thing.
On optics with exposed adjustments (eotechs, etc) paint can be used to mark zeros and make sure nothing has rotated.
What really got me looking into it wss for supressors under handguards and so on.
It can be cleaned off easy, dries fast.
All it takes is a dot on the left side 9 o'clock.
Being right handed it us easy to see. Will be easy to see if the supressors rotate.