Appmtnhntr’s 2020 Elk Rifle Ramble

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, that is the classic blew eyed deer. One blew out one side and one blew out the other. LMFAO

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
50C4C93C-EBE8-414F-8545-A331E8B6CAAF.jpeg34201B15-AE00-49D2-9766-5A0970FE16E7.jpeg
Got in here where we hunted Saturday. Less people. Spotted 3 bulls at daylight around 1000 yards and kept cutting on them with good wind till they filed out into a little swale at 239 yards.

Shot was high shoulder, and he was DRT with the 300.
Once I got to him, he was still trying to raise his head, and since he’s a dink, I shot him at the base of the skull instead of ruining more shoulder meat or popping the heart. That sumbitch is tasty!

So yea, he lost his head a little, but it sure made taking his horns off easy.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
View attachment 54292View attachment 54293
Got in here where we hunted Saturday. Less people. Spotted 3 bulls at daylight around 1000 yards and kept cutting on them with good wind till they filed out into a little swale at 239 yards.

Shot was high shoulder, and he was DRT with the 300.
Once I got to him, he was still trying to raise his head, and since he’s a dink, I shot him at the base of the skull instead of ruining more shoulder meat or popping the heart. That sumbitch is tasty!

So yea, he lost his head a little, but it sure made taking his horns off easy.
Bull was 6.7 miles in.
We’re about halfway out now.

I’m done. Now I’m a packer for the rest of these boys for the rest of season.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Congratulations! That is an awesome accomplishment! I’m sure that pack our will be humbling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nice, the first one I ever killed was just about that size, 3 miles in and I was solo. I learned a lot that trip. Mainly NO MORE solo trips. Oh, and I was in the mountains.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Big congrats, buddy ! Way to go out there, put in the work, and get it done !
That's a BUNCH of great eating right there !!!