APP into top 25

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not sure with all things being equal if we are really the 24th best team, but we have beaten everybody on the schedule so far! Was the only undefeated team not ranked until now.

Now to improve on the results we had after being ranked last year.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Honestly, if it meant App could get a top 20 ranking (year end), I’d hope they won at SC.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
App State ain't no joke. They are just as good as Wake Forest, NC State and UNC.

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
After the coaching change I wondered if their quality of play would drop any. Seems to have only gotten better since.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
After the coaching change I wondered if their quality of play would drop any. Seems to have only gotten better since.
Defense still concerns me. This week is an anomaly until they replicate it. My #firetedroof is at the ready

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Good for them! Getting the respect they have earned at last. Now saying they could beat State, WAKE, I dunno. Maybe. Duke too in that group..

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Homecoming on the mountain this weekend. It has been more than a qtr century since I graduated, it has grown exponentially in those years, but it still feels as much like home as any place I have ever been.. I am comfortable there and cannot wait to get there.

Fist time in our history that we have played a home game as a Ranked FBS team.. confident it will not be the last.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Dress well looks to be cold and wet Sat. I was planning on my first squirrel hunt but think ill pass till dry. Hopefully sloppy weather won't hurt them

lunker30

Twelve Pointer
App is getting it done!

Drinkwitz looks to be settling right in. Hope he stays a while.

Would love to catch a game up there.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dress well looks to be cold and wet Sat. I was planning on my first squirrel hunt but think ill pass till dry. Hopefully sloppy weather won't hurt them

That's football in Boone. Only way you thrive up there is to embrace the weather ..and antifreeze. . They ain't played in weather I have not sat through over the years.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If app was playing at S Carolina tomorrow......who’d be favored?

SC would be favored if we are talking about Vegas.. Any SEC will likely always be favored over a Sunbelt team, even if the body of work does not support it.. just because of depth of SEC type athletes.. and being at home

If your talking straight up give me my boys for sheer heart and want to. Some things in sports can't be measured.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yup Vegas woyld have SC favored to start but I wonder if by game time betters would have it by very narrow margin. Lot this will have to do with what SC does grime here out

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
My roommate from app text me the other day and said “anybody else think drinkwitz looks like satterfield just gained a few lbs” ???

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

I honestly had no idea. I thought it was a good question.

The link above is the only thing I could find.

Firedog - I’ll go $25 (I’ll buy you a nice ASU shirt or vice versa), if you want something on the line.

Friendly bet.
A fool and his money are quickly parted but let's revisit game week..I am a betting man but I also know what injury can do particularly when my side is thinner on on the depth front.