Anywhere to hunt in Catawba County?

Goldfish

Button Buck
Hello! I moved here a few years ago and I have not been able to find anywhere near me to hunt and was curious if anyone knew any spots or places I may be able to join a lease on? I normally go hunt in Georgia but over the years some of my medical issues have gotten worse and can no longer travel that far several times a season and was hoping to find somewhere closer. I live near Denver, NC

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
There is no public land in catawba, Iredell, Alexander, Lincoln or Gaston counties. Wilkes, Burke, Caldwell, ashe have plenty of public land.

As for finding private land, good luck. Anything over 50 acres is leased up, at absurd prices,too. You may have some luck knocking on doors of those who own smaller parcels. I got 21 acres and 9 acres by doing this.

Goldfish

Button Buck
There is no public land in catawba, Iredell, Alexander, Lincoln or Gaston counties. Wilkes, Burke, Caldwell, ashe have plenty of public land.

As for finding private land, good luck. Anything over 50 acres is leased up, at absurd prices,too. You may have some luck knocking on doors of those who own smaller parcels. I got 21 acres and 9 acres by doing this.
I'll see what I can find here, I don't really know anyone. My best friend owns 50 acres of peanut fields in GA, I wish it wasn't so far away..

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
There are some special permit hunts near and around Lake Norman you could look into as well.