Anything I can plant this late?

BJordan

Eight Pointer
3/4 acre disked and ready to plant. Not looking for anything perennial. Anything I can broadcast this weekend? Not looking for brand name mixes just something I can pick up at a local southern states.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am just getting started here in Harnett. Planted oats and turnips in October last year and the deer tore them up in December. Got
my New Years Eve buck in that field.
You can plant just about anything depending on what part of the state you are in.

Attachments

• 20211231_083332.jpg
    20211231_083332.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 49

UltraSlug

Six Pointer
This late?!?! Hahaha. I just got oats planted last week and was proud of myself for being. on time or just a skosh early.

I was so ready to plant earlier this year I planted mid September and we didn't get any rain until the hurricane.. so much for that

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Don't want to plant too early, they will be eating acorns through November...Plant to kill them in December...

Reactions: jug

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
Buckwheat clover. Plant it for bees and have to beat the deer back with a fly swatter. Matures in 30 days if the deer let it.

2nd Calling

Six Pointer
As you can see, you have plenty of great options.

My .02, grab a clover mix and some oats...spread them, cultipack if you can. You will have a great food plot that will take you into turkey season. Nothing wrong with tossing in some brassicas.

Last edited: