Anyone use Harvester PT Gold bullets in 50 caliber?

22LR

Twelve Pointer
Im thinking about trying the Harvester PT Gold muzzleloader bullets. Anyone on here ever used them before? Thanks!

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not anymore after going smokeless but the PT Golds are the most accurate and best shooting bullet I ever shot out of an inline using blackhorn 209. Great blood trails too.

Bean

Eight Pointer
I shot them in my Encore for a couple of seasons. I switched back to Shockwaves when the Harvesters were hard to get a hold of for a little bit

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I was going to try some harvester crush rib sabots for some bullets I was casting but the 50 caliber for 452 bullets was out of stock. Ordered the Lee real bullet mould instead to cast the 320 grain bullets, if it shoots good I may be done with sabot shooting for a while

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I switched to them on paper very accurate.... not enough in the field use to form an opinion on yet.... but they look promising

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I called Harvester and talked to a Representative and they sent me three 260 grain and three 300 grain to try for free. Thats good customer service! I will try them out as soon as I can.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I shot them, they were the hardest bullet/sabot I have ever loaded. Extremely tight fit in my Muzzleloader. The 300 grain shot about a 2" group at 100 yards. Im going to stick with the MMP sabots with Hornady XTP hollow point 300 grain bullets.

Andrewd

Six Pointer
I shoot the scorpion 300 grain. Gun does real well with them. With the right sabots they load pretty easily.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I shot them in my Encore for a couple of seasons. I switched back to Shockwaves when the Harvesters were hard to get a hold of for a little bit
Like harvesters but I also really like how those yellow shockwaves run in my omega. Shoots just over moa 1.16 avg with 88.3 gns of bh209 and they always thump a deer.