Anyone up here ever had gout?

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
After years of dealing with the effects of Alpha gal, a few weeks ago I let it ride. Hadn't had any adverse reactions from red meat in quite a while, so I ate red meat most every meal for 9 days straight. I was chickened out.

10th day I woke up with a sore toe. 10th evening I could hardly sleep for the pain. 11th day I would've cut it off myself, if I knew that would stop the pain.

Ibuprofen, apple cider vinegar, vitamin C, and lots of water helped clear it up by day 14. Oh, and no red meat for about 5 days.

That's one bender I won't be going on for a while.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
After years of dealing with the effects of Alpha gal, a few weeks ago I let it ride. Hadn't had any adverse reactions from red meat in quite a while, so I ate red meat most every meal for 9 days straight. I was chickened out.

10th day I woke up with a sore toe. 10th evening I could hardly sleep for the pain. 11th day I would've cut it off myself, if I knew that would stop the pain.

Ibuprofen, apple cider vinegar, vitamin C, and lots of water helped clear it up by day 14. Oh, and no red meat for about 5 days.

That's one bender I won't be going on for a while.
I have thought the same thing many of times. I was worried I would pass out first.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
I shouldn't have commented, worked 48 this past week and literally could not walk Saturday and have been hobbling around since yesterday. Have to use a walking stick and damn sure wish I had crutches

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Ibuprofen and sugar/wheat gluten causes inflammation. Inflammation causes disease. 😊
I suggest as Dr. Dumass is keep those things to a minimum in life.
Ooo. Real red meat is different that sausage and hotdogs and spam and bologna and anything else heavy in preservatives and nitrates and all the other words I cannot pronounce. PH alkaline water should help you since it is an acidic build up disease.
Greasy fake oils/ red sauces/ coffees can make it rough.
best of luck. Good things in life are not to good sometimes.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ibuprofen and sugar/wheat gluten causes inflammation. Inflammation causes disease. 😊
I suggest as Dr. Dumass is keep those things to a minimum in life.
Ooo. Real red meat is different that sausage and hotdogs and spam and bologna and anything else heavy in preservatives and nitrates and all the other words I cannot pronounce. PH alkaline water should help you since it is an acidic build up disease.
Greasy fake oils/ red sauces/ coffees can make it rough.
best of luck. Good things in life are not to good sometimes.
Yeap less carbs, legumes and veggies that cause inflammation. Buy uncured meat. Avoid all the seed oils.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Threw everything at it yesterday and can walk today and my foot isn't throbbing. Went back to taking dark cherry extract and indocin, drank as much water as I could stand and iced it with fresh sleet in a zip lock. Seemed to definitely help