Anyone tried Big & J?

I'm just curious to see if anybody has had luck with Big & J. I've used it this season and it really works. I've used the BB2 Liquid, Headrush, and the CUBE. Here are the BEST of pictures when I have had deer come to it.

BB2 Liquid
WGI_0017.JPG
Headrush
WGI_0058 (2).JPG
The CUBE
WGI_0042 (2).JPGWGI_0053 (2).JPG

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I used the block.once and had a bear immediately, so I tossed it in pond the next day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sp8

Ten Pointer
used the liquid one year when I got it on clearance. It worked ok but have had same results with trace minerals and cheap Academy apple blocks.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I mix my own.
White salt, trace mineral and dicalcium.
200lbs for about $40

Edited to add:
This product is not labeled for deer. I use it to improved the mineral content of the soil for native vegetation and the occasional cow.

Last edited:

Andrewd

Six Pointer
A friend of mine killed a real nice buck off of the powder last year. He says it’s the best thing ever.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I've used the bags and the block. The deer love it when it's fresh but the stuff will mold very quickly when it gets wet and nothing will touch it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
I used to use different baits a lot, but found that deer came just as readily to a 100lb bag of corn (approx $8) as they did to a 5lb “specialized attractant” ($15+). Corn lasted longer and was cheaper. But deer never would hardly touch either one during daylight once the season opened.

If you’re in an area with very little hunting pressure then you may have a different experience. For me, it’s not worth the money. I started just figuring out where the deer were going to be naturally and started having a lot more success.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I've used their Deadly Dust 'long range attractant'. I've just mixed it in with corn or sprinkled it on the corn.

I don't know if it's been the Deadly Dust or the "brown, it's down" neighbor suddenly stopping shooting every danged buck he saw (NOT hearing the gunshots like we used to), but over the past couple years, I am seeing more bucks. They're not necessarily 'shooters' -- and I don't care. I'm just happy to see antlered 1.5 and 2.5 year old deer on my land. Best results have been once the rut starts .. like always … but I am seeing more and better bucks now.