anyone shoot/have a Diamondback DB-9?

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I do not own a plastic gun.

But I saw one of these the other day when I was searching for the CZ and I can't get it out of my head.

Yes. I know it will probably kick the heck out of my hand since it weighs less than a candybar, but the thought of a 9mm pocket rocket is a thought I cannot shake.

So who has a review that isn't tempered by achieving free merchandise and internet hits?

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A friend has a very small 9mm bottom feeder, not sure of brand. Have taken him to the range 3 times, he cannot hit chit with it. I tried it once, had no desire to but he insisted. Very hard to shoot accurately, even at 10 yards. Have to be careful of your grip to prevent it from biting the web of your hand, which I have seen it do to him.

Last edited:

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer
I 've heard mixed reviews.

What I can vouch for is another polymer 9 that about the same size, but slightly heavier, which is beretta nano. My wife has one, it has a similar trigger style, shoots decently. It costs a little more, but has swappable frames like the sig 320, and a striker drop for disassembly so you don't have to pull the trigger.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I 've heard mixed reviews.

What I can vouch for is another polymer 9 that about the same size, but slightly heavier, which is beretta nano. My wife has one, it has a similar trigger style, shoots decently. It costs a little more, but has swappable frames like the sig 320, and a striker drop for disassembly so you don't have to pull the trigger.
Thanks.

Have you put the Nano in your front pocket?

DrSpeed

Eight Pointer
Thanks.

Have you put the Nano in your front pocket?
I have tried it with a padded pocket holster designed for it, but it felt a bit large, it is 5x4" after all. Might work with some deeper pocket cargo pants or jeans, or with a thinner holster/trigger cover.

I used the same holster on my pico and it fits perfectly, just like a cell phone. But that's in .380, shoots just as well though.

Guybo

Eight Pointer
I had a DB9 and carried it for several years and my brother still carries it. It is a true pocket pistol and yes it has a big bite for a little gun. I shot maybe 200rds in it and it shot well with several jams with certain hollow points and I can't remember which ones. I honestly think I limp wristed it when it jammed.

You have to hold onto this little gun when you shoot it because it does have a strong recoil. It shot good with good accuracy as long as I did my part. Like I said, my brother still carries it and shoots it regularly and loves it.