Anyone seen the Oregon In. Brdg fishing pier lately?

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I hear the old bridge/new fishing pier will be open soon. Had anyone seen the latest progress? Is all the construction equipment cleaned up around the parking lot? Any news on when it will open?

I have a feeling it will be a popular place

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Drove over the OI bridge and then came back, intending to stop at the parking lot and view the progress. Came around that curve, missed the exit, and drove back over the bridge! :) Was late in the afternoon and we wanted to fish Jennette's Pier so I'll wait until I hear that it's open.

I wonder who manages it? There should be an announcement somewhere at some point.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
We fished that side of the inlet yesterday afternoon. The old bridge/new pier looked like it was mostly finished. They had all the guardrails in place and the place cleaned up pretty good. It was still gated off, but couldnt imagine it would be too much longer until they open it to the public.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Plenty of sheepshead, but most were about 12", legal but smaller than i like to keep. I kept 3 that were in the 18-20" range. Drum fishing out back behind the inlet was real good for slot class fish. Plenty of dang nice flounder..if you could keep em. Trout bite was good but didnt spend much time chasing em. I didnt devote a lot of time to any one spot or species, i went pretty much just to scout a few sheepshead spots.
The big sheapshead are scattered and are not as thick as they are later in the year. I pulled off 2 or 3 at the boat that were maybe 9 or 10 pounds.
If you go and are close to the bank and the sun is going down, bring bug spray. The dang no see'ums about ate us alive the last hour or sošŸ¤£

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Does the remaining bridge extend past the old catwalks? The angle and zoom on that photo makes it look so short. I can't remember if the catwalks reached the curve...

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They going to block off being able to climb down to the pilings?

I don't suppose they could install a ladder or something to help out.