Anyone reload 6.5 Creedmoor ?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I'd like to find someone close to Denver, Lincolnton, or close by...
I like shooting the gun, want to see what I can do with verifiable loads.
Generating brass when deer season isn't in. Want to get a good hunting load that is accurate.
Anyone in the area ???

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
If you are wanting someone to reload for you, it's a slim to none chance.
The liability is too great, BUT, you may find someone to let you load your ammo at their bench, which THAT hookup has happened on this site.
Don't forget to ask on the 3 other NC gun forums. Google is your friend.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Ok. I see where you're coming from. I don't have the time or the room to start reloading. A couple friends of mine do, just not 6.5 and they aren't interested in setting up for it even with me buying the stuff. Maybe I'll run across someone that reloads and hunts with it and we can work something out.

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
41 is right. I reload but I wouldn’t reload for anyone else or have them do the same for me. Too much liability. If you buy the stuff to do it you may as well just use a buddies bench and have them walk you through the process.

mtnhunter280

Button Buck
I reload for 6.5 Creedmoor,along with a multitude of other calibers.Most of the factory ammunition is accurate and the heavier bullets are loaded near max from the factory.The middle weight bullets can be loaded considerably hotter than factory specs since most 129-130 grain factory loads are advertised in the 2800 fps range and reloading manuals show loads approaching 3000 fps are possible.Remember every rifle and every load is different.H4350 is a dominate powder in Creed but my current load is 44 grains of RL17 behind a 130 gr. Nosler Accu Bond bullet.Half grain over max in the Nosler manual but shows no pressure signs and has been so in three different rifles.My rifle is a Browning XBolt micro composite and shoot 1/2 -3/4 groups at 100 yards.My thoughts on the Creedmoor are thinking of it as a 270.130 grain bullets,3000 fps but short action and a case that produces the same velocity on 44 grains of powder vs. 60 grains so less recoil and drastically less muzzle blast.
On a side note,The Nosler Accu Bonds all produced nice expansion and retained the cores at 70% or better weight retention when dug out of my dirt mound backstop.The Hornady Precision Hunter 143 grain ELD X LOADS fired shot groups nearly as well but all the bullets suffered core separation and the jackets were recovered but no cores.All would work for deer but I do prefer the Nosler for the bullet construction and the penetration. A bullet that holds together usually produces an entry and exit wound.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I reload for 6.5 Creedmoor,along with a multitude of other calibers.Most of the factory ammunition is accurate and the heavier bullets are loaded near max from the factory.The middle weight bullets can be loaded considerably hotter than factory specs since most 129-130 grain factory loads are advertised in the 2800 fps range and reloading manuals show loads approaching 3000 fps are possible.Remember every rifle and every load is different.H4350 is a dominate powder in Creed but my current load is 44 grains of RL17 behind a 130 gr. Nosler Accu Bond bullet.Half grain over max in the Nosler manual but shows no pressure signs and has been so in three different rifles.My rifle is a Browning XBolt micro composite and shoot 1/2 -3/4 groups at 100 yards.My thoughts on the Creedmoor are thinking of it as a 270.130 grain bullets,3000 fps but short action and a case that produces the same velocity on 44 grains of powder vs. 60 grains so less recoil and drastically less muzzle blast.
On a side note,The Nosler Accu Bonds all produced nice expansion and retained the cores at 70% or better weight retention when dug out of my dirt mound backstop.The Hornady Precision Hunter 143 grain ELD X LOADS fired shot groups nearly as well but all the bullets suffered core separation and the jackets were recovered but no cores.All would work for deer but I do prefer the Nosler for the bullet construction and the penetration. A bullet that holds together usually produces an entry and exit wound.

I just found this post. Sorry for the delay in response. Thank you for your information based upon your diligent work.