Anyone make a Pigeon Trap

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
The one's online sell for $80...I almost built the coop for that. Anyone build one and have pics? What worked or didn't work?

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have seen two types. Both are square mesh boxes. One has a trigger and has a small lexan door on one corner the door is on a hinge once a bird goes in it trips the door and falls but remains on an incline. Birds can push the door up from the outside allowing multiple catches but they can't lift it from the inside. I have used the same design for squirrel traps.

The second works basically the same but it has a throat that they enter instead of a door activated initially by a trigger. This particular model I can't vouch for one way or another. The first I know works well.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
i got one that was factory made and then i built one they both work the same. i like the kind that uses the vertical bars that are free spinning.

But if you can find where they are roosting and can get to them night time you can clean a place out with a fishing net.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
i got one that was factory made and then i built one they both work the same. i like the kind that uses the vertical bars that are free spinning.

But if you can find where they are roosting and can get to them night time you can clean a place out with a fishing net.
I have a few local spots where I see them flying/on lines, near overpasses, but don't think I can get there with a fishing net.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
I have a few local spots where I see them flying/on lines, near overpasses, but don't think I can get there with a fishing net.

They roost on overpasses. Find a supply house or company with open sheds and you can probably count on them bring there. I’ve caught 30 or so from our outbuildings.

Also trapping works better closer to where they roost the older birds are harder to catch but the young ones will go in pretty quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Havahart used to make a really good one. I do ot know if they still do. heck they used to make a great Bobcat and fox trap but they quit making it.