Anyone hunting the opener?

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Heard many many flocks yesterday, and saw several using a specific part of the creek. Setup there this morning expecting a better day and I didn’t see a single goose. Heard one flock all morning until I had to leave for work.

Not too worried though, geese aren’t really my thing anyways, just figured I’d give it a shot since it’s the first thing open. Much more excited for doves, deer and ducks.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Watched two small groups yesterday land in a field that had just been mowed the afternoon before. They had been using the filed on a regular basis before it got to wooly for them. So we set up this morning and they all came it at one time but the survivors would not come back after the first volley. Short and sweet hunt to break the seal on the season.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Watched two small groups yesterday land in a field that had just been mowed the afternoon before. They had been using the filed on a regular basis before it got to wooly for them. So we set up this morning and they all came it at one time but the survivors would not come back after the first volley. Short and sweet hunt to break the seal on the season.
There’s a field that stays full of them right up against the creek I’ve been hunting. But that stretch of the creek is too close to houses to hunt, so I’ve been hoping to cut them off further down. Was sure I’d get a shot at a few today but no dice.