Anyone hunting Canada this year? US Government has shut down all gamebirds imports!!!!

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Stoopid laws which has huge financial impact on outfitters, feel bad for anyone who had/has plans

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
f'in idiots create f'in idiot laws...and are voted for and put into office by other idiots....it's just the way of the world it seems. There's no actual thought process involved, just someone who thought that they would be recognized for a feel good solution to what was never a problem to start with.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
come on now,,, gots to stop the avian pandemic somehow,,,, now to ban overborder flights unless they've been tested negative within three days as they come through customs & immigration,,,,

oh wait,,, wrong types of flights,,,,

it's the bird hunters nightmare of CWD for hooved animals,,,

guess they are all trophy hunters in the USDA,, all they care about is the trophy and not the meat,,,,

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
When I say the USDA is a joke it’s because of these kind of stunts they pull.

The USDA is only concerned about keeping up appearances so the unwitting dependent believes the system has the general public’s best interest at heart. The USDA only needs a majority to trust them. Face it, the majority is very disconnected from food sources in this instant gratification society.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
When I say the USDA is a joke it’s because of these kind of stunts they pull.

The USDA is only concerned about keeping up appearances so the unwitting dependent believes the system has the general public’s best interest at heart. The USDA only needs a majority to trust them. Face it, the majority is very disconnected from food sources in this instant gratification society.
That's true but even city-dwellers whose idea of wildlife is a pigeon in Central Park know that Ducks and Geese and other birds are migratory. Forbes Magazine even trolled them on it, and they aren't exactly known as an outdoors magazine. I think everyone sees them as being dimwits here.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I think everyone sees them as being dimwits here

Nah, only the ones with reasoning skills see it. Remember, a majority only needs more than fifty percent… Less than 2% farm and 4% actually hunt…. Got a long way to catch up.

billyf

Six Pointer
Article said,,, " a duck can travel 800 miles in a single eight-hour migratory flight, " I believe that equates to 100mph. Maybe thats why i'm always missing them. Not leading them enough...

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Article said,,, " a duck can travel 800 miles in a single eight-hour migratory flight, " I believe that equates to 100mph. Maybe thats why i'm always missing them. Not leading them enough...

high altitude with a tail wind,,,,