• At some point over the next few days NC Hunt and Fish will be migrating to a new server. We are not changing our hosting provider, but we are changing machines within that provider. The reason is that an external vendor, cPanel, has increased the price of their software and we need to migrate to a different control panel. When the migration occurs, the site will be unavailable and it will remain unavailable until the DNS servers are populated with the new IP address. This could take a day, but usually happens overnight. Once the site goes down you should clear your cookies and cache in your browser so you no longer attempt to connect to an old instance. Instructions will be posted on the old server so people who are stuck there will know how to find the new server.

Anyone harvesting scents?

Blades

Six Pointer
I always pull the tarsal glands off and throw them in the freezer vacuumed sealed for the next year or year of but thinking about getting bold and harvesting the bladder from a doe or buck?

Anyone do this?

cwcook68

Six Pointer
I do it with both bucks and doe. Just use a pair of hemostats to pinch of the bladder, and remove it and store the pee in a small glass jar.

red neck richie

Ten Pointer
You dont need to harvest the bladder. Get a hypodermic needle and drain the urine from the bladder put it into a bottle. That's as fresh as it gets. A meat injector will do in a pinch.

red neck richie

Ten Pointer
I always used the tarsal glands for a lure and they work so wanted to use urine to use in my dippers for my mock scrapes. With the potential ehd rules coming into play next year it’s not a bad idea.
I agree! Good to share info. I was addressing ancient school, who seems to just want to question everyone's methods.