Anyone go to the Bass and Saltwalter expo?

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Went this year, first time in a few. Not to impressive. ..
Stopped in the Lowrance booth, guy dressed like a pro fisherman with all the Lowrance logos. Ask him a question about transducers. He had no clue and said he is not in tech or sales and that I should go to one of the big boat sales places and ask to talk to one of their installation guys about product support.
He said he is there to hand out cards....
Looked like for the most part the big building was all big boats. Not the rows of bass boats and other smaller fishing boats of the past.
Small building was full of stuff but most was cheap gear and the likes or very high dollar. Guy had some nice jigging rods but for 400 to 450, said he is local but did not sound it. One of the bass guys pushing a 300$ worm rod saying best bang for the buck...... really?
Just different from what I remember.
Went to one of the speakers in the fresh water building. Me and several others bailed at 20 to 25 min in. Just an infomercial. It was the Sonar Dr. He talked about what was in his videos and why we needed them but to that point said nothing about running the units or setup, just that we needed to pay 80$ for his video.
All in all it was OK. I guess some of the vendors now go to one show like Dixie or others and not this one.
Change of times I guess. You have the walmarts of the boat shows with big pockets and the little guys can't spend the money for a spot and break even.
Funny, ran into the guy that was on shark tank with Line Cutterz, cool guy, he should make that line work. Great products. He stopped me and ask if I ever seen it before.... Said yep been using them for about a year. They make some cool gadgets.

Who knows, just change in time I guess.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
We had fun for decades in that show. had the best located booth in the show as we started with the promotor from his Greensboro show.
The shows have changed a lot. when we started they were sources of unique product and info. Folks saw stuff and heard and learned methods that were cutting edge. Prices as well were at least competitive.
Now anyone with the internet can see all the equipment and see techniques presented in an endless loop.
As for pricing where folks used to stroll thru with a BPS catalog, now their phone tells them all they need.

I miss everything about the show except the Sunday tear down. I hated that part. :)

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I went, was there from lunch to 4 ish with my wife. Found some good deals on tackle . 1 buck for flukes and plastic worms. Found heck of a deal on me pls spinners and met mike bucca and bought me another bullshad. Spent 1/2 my time with my buddy's over in the 2nd building at the nckfa booth.