Anyone ever been to San Francisco ?

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yes, I went there in 1984. I remember riding the trolley car and a stranger said I had nice teeth. (I guess with all the meth now those are rarer in the city. Went to fishermen's wharf, lombard street, saw the hippies in the park. Lots of homeless people with one sitting on a utility box singing opera. I was 10 years old at the time. Maybe #ho-ace can add to what we saw.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Yes, I went there in 1984. I remember riding the trolley car and a stranger said I had nice teeth. (I guess with all the meth now those are rarer in the city. Went to fishermen's wharf, lombard street, saw the hippies in the park. Lots of homeless people with one sitting on a utility box singing opera. I was 10 years old at the time. Maybe #ho-ace can add to what we saw.
Oh wow I forgot about Lombard street. You bring up a valid point about street performers. Bums with guitars are a dime a dozen (ask me how I know 😑). But occasionally you run into some absolute virtuosos that could be household names if they could get out of their own way

Reactions: jug

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am actually looking forward to going. I did not go with my wife to NY city or to Denver when she went with our kids but San Francisco is one or those places I have always wanted to see

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I am actually looking forward to going. I did not go with my wife to NY city or to Denver when she went with our kids but San Francisco is one or those places I have always wanted to see
I will say this…I’ve been to a lot of US cities and hung out in the nice areas and worst slums of many. Of all of them, San Francisco is def one of the least menacing. I think you’ll enjoy it and you’ll come back w some good stories

Reactions: jug

country

Ten Pointer
I'm not into city stuff. When my sister lived out there years ago I went to Yosemite, Big Sur and Monterey Coast.