Anyone else trapping Rockingham County?

JoeR

Eight Pointer
I've been hunting for 40 years, but I'm new to trapping. I started off just catching groundhogs on my property, then it expanded to a couple of farmer/friend properties. I got a request from a guy to trap muskrats on a 15 acre pond. They were eroding his dam.
I bought some conibears, colony traps and a few leg holds and started at it this week. There are plenty of other critters on this farm, and the landowner is OK with me trapping anything I want. I'd love to do it, but I have no use for the pelts, and I'm not at all interested in opening a fur shed.
there's no way I'm going to trap critters and have them go to waste. I talked to Prune at the Trapper Convention a few months back. He put me on to 2 guys that will buy the whole animals from me, which is OK, but I figured I might try another path.

If there's someone local to me (Stokesdale/Riedsville) that is interested in trapping with me on about 200 acres, I'd gladly give them everything I trap. The benefit for me is that I can get some hands-on experience with someone more experienced, and help out the folks that gave me trapping permission. The benefit for someone else, is that they just need to help me set some traps (I can check them every day), and they can get some pelts for their time.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a message here and we can get together. If not, I'll stick to getting rid of the nuisance muskrats and not chase the other critters.

Joe

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
you 'd be wise to ask on www.nctrapper.proboards.com
I'm thinking if you went to convention you coulda/shoulda joined the state assn which gives the above site for us

If I'm not mistaken, Mike and Curt and Biscuit and John Deaton are up that way, and can find them on the NCTA site.
Not sure if Todd Menke runs that far.
Heck, Harold might run that far...he will read this eventually. He is QBD here.

JoeR

Eight Pointer
Thanks for the replies.
I did get contacted by someone local to me.
I'll be sure to take another peek at the nctrapper.com forums.
Joe