Anybody's plantings drying up???

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If we dont get some rain soon,I am gonna lose alot of money in seed.
Some of my plot here in Harnett is starting to burn.

Bean

Eight Pointer
I've waited to plant for the fact of how dry it is. I'm waiting for some rain to come and I will plant some oats they did me solid last year with some clover mixed in.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
planted mine 2 weeks ago and haven't had any rain so they haven't come up yet. Hoping the seed hasn't rotted in the ground.

Reactions: jug

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
planted mine 2 weeks ago and haven't had any rain so they haven't come up yet. Hoping the seed hasn't rotted in the ground.
Saw seed (unrotted) in ground this weekend... had been planted 3 weeks ago

Hopefully it will sprout when it rains IF turkeys don’t find it first

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I didn't even bother, heck it's so dry I don't think I'll even have to bush hog the roads. I've not even bothered to try and plant a salad patch in my garden much less anything for those woods goats to eat.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've waited to plant for the fact of how dry it is. I'm waiting for some rain to come and I will plant some oats they did me solid last year with some clover mixed in.

Same here. Been keeping an eye on the forecast, but there is zero soil moisture in the top few inches. No point in even putting seed out until we get some moisture.

I almost always plant around the second week of September, but at this rate it might be October before I plant.