Anybody planting yet???

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We planted 2 acres of clover up at the Rock this weekend. Gonna plant some turnips and rape this weekend.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We planted our 2 plots of turnips yesterday up at the Rock. The rain will probably stop now like last year after we planted turnips.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I cut two plots yesterday but it's too wet right now to disc it, had some sun yesterday and today, might try it tomorrow.

Reactions: jug
Sprayed about 3ac today with gly..plan on planting around Labor Day ..got 3 more ac to spray next weekend and will plant it weekend after labor day weather permitting

Guybo

Eight Pointer
I usually plant oats first week of Sept but I went ahead and planted Saturday. Glad I did because we got a couple good showers today.

I've got a good stand of late peas and buckwheat that the deer haven't started on yet because they are hitting the soybeans hard but I know they'll make quick work of them when they start.
IMG_20200822_105026.jpg

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Dodged storms (except 1 that soaked us) all weekend.

Planted 1000# of seed in 7 plots and 2 logging roads this weekend , Grayson county VA.

Oats, wheat, winter rye, winter greens, clover, purple top turnips, chicory

2 more new ones we hope to start next weekend ... and be done just in time to prep for NC now opener.

Ps Had a few helpers this weekend16A906F1-D5E8-4529-A87A-E6E36381108F.jpeg4F8A9DC6-AA04-4618-8F20-42C71435B6A2.jpeg

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I have to see what my clover patch looks like in a week or so if we get some rain.
I looked good this spring but is sparse looking now after it was mowed....hopefully it bounces back.

I have another spot already mowed and I have to spray it one more time then probably lay down some clover,chicory and oats.

SM270

Ten Pointer
Planted last Friday. 2 quarter acre plots. Mixtures of oats, buckwheat, winter peas, clover, chicory, Rape, and turnips.
while finishing the dragging on the second plot it’s started raining lightly. Will go back in 2 weeks to check on them.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Planted corn cob (by the bag) this eve in NC...😂😂

Dang it’s hot!! Every year I swear I must be crazy BUT I love hunting a corn pile the 1st week of bow. IF acorns aren’t dropping

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
:cool::p
Planted corn cob (by the bag) this eve in NC...😂😂

Dang it’s hot!! Every year I swear I must be crazy BUT I love hunting a corn pile the 1st week of bow. IF acorns aren’t dropping
Your cheating....:geek:

Planting in the A.M. Next weekend is labor day and the weekend after that is the opener. Only chance I have to get it in the ground before bow season. Its pretty wet. I hope I dont bury the tractor. But at least there is enough moisture in the ground for seed to sprout. Going with whole oats this year. I will keep yall updated and post pics on how they do.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Plan to try and finish the last 2 plots (actually will be new plots never worked before)... this weekend

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Just got home from VA... quick trip to finish last 2 plots before the rain m

Almost worked... got soaked AGAIN BUT it’s finished

Plots planted last weekend already sprouting1F35AA72-B582-4ADB-A303-0ADA08123A41.jpegCEF2B458-71BE-4594-87BC-156B0538C6D8.jpeg

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hope to plant tomorrow. Wanted to get after it today, but Laura's remnants prevent that till later this afternoon, when it's going to get hot.

Plan is to go out Sunday around 11 and bushog everything. Then disk several times and broadcast some Oats. Will probably also do a smaller section of the plot in greens.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
I am way behind . But have some good looking acorns for bow season. I hope to get done with rye and clover in the next two weeks .

m704

Six Pointer
Planted some oats and Clover this morning packed it in and the rain started never had that happen

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
i let my plots seed out this spring(greens) got a decent stand coming in now, i'll let them hit those awhile and plant oats, crimson and kale end of september

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Got mine in yesterday afternoon. it's in the corner of a big hay field with thick woods on 2 sides. Bow stand about 30 yards from the edge of the plot, and a perfect place for a rifle blind about 100 yards away.

50# oats and 2# of daikon raddish

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Radishes, Turnips and Kale all came up nicely. Planted 2.5 acres of alfalfa and 2 acres of clover this weekend. Plan to be doing about the same next weekend.

Got it in the ground Saturday. Planted 7 half to 1acre plots with oats and radish. Got rain on them last night. I will keep y'all posted on how the do.

Attachments

• 20200828_162439.jpg
    20200828_162439.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 19

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Burned everything down last week of July and sprayed my clover plots for weeds. mowed down the dead stuff last weekend and Got all my clovers brassicas oats and peas planted sat and Sunday got a good 1/2 inch of rain tonight so fingers crossed in a week or so.

georgeeebuck

Ten Pointer
Finally got everything seeded today with rye grain and oats . And a small plot of the same that I add some ladino clover .It was drizzling all morning but probably want rain now for two months now that i am done .