Anybody own or have shot an airbow?

specialk

Twelve Pointer
they just legalized them here for archery....quietly passed....I can get a used one from a guy very cheap and was considering it.....seen all the vids on u-tube but was wanting some real life stories....hadn't been able to use a compound for years....

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Kudos to Ga and Tn for legalizing them.

Allow more opportunities for disabled hunters

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Kudos to Ga and Tn for legalizing them.

Allow more opportunities for disabled hunters
If that were the case they could just require a disabled hunter permit and it would solve the issue. I certainly wouldn't have an issue with that and don't know anyone who would. But we both know that is just the headline to get it passed since no one can argue against taking opportunities away from disabled hunters.

DarrinG

Six Pointer
Shame on GA and TN for legalizing them!

Why not just have a "free-for-all" deer season then? No need for an archery season, a MZ season, etc, etc. Just a "deer" season. Period. Allow pitfalls and hand grenades. I feel the same about crossbows, they are not archery/bowhunting (I know I'll take heat for that but that's my honest feelings).

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer

Why not just have a "free-for-all" deer season then? No need for an archery season, a MZ season, etc, etc. Just a "deer" season. Period. Allow pitfalls and hand grenades. I feel the same about crossbows, they are not archery/bowhunting (I know I'll take heat for that but that's my honest feelings).

I have to admit....how fun would hunting with hand grenades be? I mean, forget about any usable meat and you may blows yourself out of that tree stand but man, that would be fun. lol.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
they just legalized them here for archery....quietly passed....I can get a used one from a guy very cheap and was considering it.....seen all the vids on u-tube but was wanting some real life stories....hadn't been able to use a compound for years....

Here’s my experience with them....

Pro’s
Easier to load if you have limited or no use of one hand/arm
Faster than modern crossbows
Cheaper than top tier faster bows
More compact

Con’s
Legal in very few places as archery
Much much louder than xbows
Maintenance is an unknown
Requires additional tanks/pumps
Limited broadhead use

Ultimately I don’t think there’s reason enough to choose the airbow over a regular crossbow IF you can use both without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Pro’s
More compact

Con’s
Limited broadhead use

Ultimately I don’t think there’s reason enough to choose the airbow over a regular crossbow IF you can use both without issue

dang fine info there from a Man who has actually USED one,,,,,,

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Tennessee only legalized them (in archery only season) for disabled hunters.

I guess Georgia legalized them for everybody

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
nope, and got my arse chewed,,,seems we were supposed to call "cease fire" if we saw a critter,,,,guess I was day dreaming during that part of the brief,,, :unsure::whistle:

specialk

Twelve Pointer

Pro’s
More compact

Con’s
Limited broadhead use

Thank you sir!

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns

Restricted weapons seasons are for the manufacturers, not the hunter. If there was just one "free-for-all" season, there wouldn't be a reason for hunters to buy a garage-full of different weapons.

Reactions: CRC