Anybody order a gun from Cabelas online?

hog&deerhunter

Ten Pointer
Thinking about ordering a gun online from Cabelas and then picking it up at their store. Wondering how smooth of a transaction it is and how long it actually takes.

Also, if I decide its not something I want, do they give a full refund? There is no shipping charge to the store but wondering if their is a surcharge for refusing the gun once I lay my hands on it.

Thanks.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I ordered several.
Mostly used fromf other stores. Went easy. On the used stuff you pay a relocation fee if you dont take it. Want to say it was 15$ to 25$ . So they billed me for that upfront then I pay the total less the credit. If I did not take the used gun I was out the fee.

For new they make you pay for the full price upfront. When it shows up you report to the gun counter and look it over. Then do the paperwork.
Do not start any paperwork before you look over the gun. Make sure it is all there and if a part can be removed make sure it is correct. I have seen mixed bolts and junk like that.
You can always walk away if there is something wrong. Not so after yku have done paperwork. They tell you when they call it will be returned to shelf after 21 days if you do not pick it up.

The rifle went good last fall. Others were 1 to 5 years back. Will say things have changed over the last several years because Bass Trash Shop took over...

hog&deerhunter

Ten Pointer
Thanks. Looked on gunbroker and most folks want to charge a CC fee and shipping. Normally I shy away from gun purchases at Cabelas but I am looking close at a Sig 365X.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I'm happy paying a little more and having an easier deal.
Really no risk on it vs the fees,.shipping, transfer, not knowing....... of using the online places.
I really think all the Guns America, gun trader, auction arms are about all done in anyways.
Most the time I find what I want, what I want to pay and make some calls to a few dealers and they will do as good or better yet very much easier.... used them enough if I want something my word is good and they get it and call when it comes in.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Pre covid it went easy. As one who goes in there regularly you better not count on it being quick. There almost always a line at the gun counter and usually these days only 2 or 3 guys working it.

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
I bought a Henry rifle last fall. It went smooth. The only complaint I had was that they did not let me know when it arrived at Concord. Cost me an extra trip out there. Strangely, I got an e-mail notification in March that it had arrived.