Anybody have experience with this type of ladder?

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
They are heavy but useful. I Ike how you can make one side longer than the other. You'd be surprised how many times I've found reasons to need that, lol.

My only complaint is the one I have, don't know the brand, has a lot of bounce when stretched out like an extension ladder. It doesn't feel like it's going to fail, it just bows a lot. But I'm sort of heavy lol.

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yes I have one that bent at the main joint. Not the ladders fault, just one of my not so intelligent crew members. Great all round homeowner ladder but it can be a bit heavy.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I have one and I like it as a step ladder. As an extension ladder, I would prefer the standard ones. This type of ladder is heavy and difficult to use as an extension ladder.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
it is just okay....i got it as a gift and seen no reason to buy an actual extension ladder but i would like the extension ladder better....i used it as a step ladder when i was painting the trim around my house but those tiny rungs killed my feet....its a compromise and as such it doesnt do either job as well as a step or extension ladder would

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll echo the others with the weight but usefulness and stability. I have a commercial duty one and do use it, but generally prefer one of my other step ladders or extension ladders as the rungs are not super comfortable on the feet, there is no fold out shelf as standard step ladders have and not as easy to use as a regular extension when used in that configuration.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Love them, we used the Werner brand ones when I did construction. They will pinch your hand if not careful, otherwise great ladders.